Brownies and meringues

The whole move went well and I am almost done with the unpacking of our 84 moving boxes. The summer have been so wonderful and very hot so the thought of working with sticky fondant have not been very appealing. The kids will start school next week and they are both excited to meet their new friends.

The month of August also means preparations for my daughters birthday party and I have had an idea for a sweet treat in my head for an long time: brownies and meringues. A rich chocolate brownie with a sweet and crispy meringue on top.

So into the kitchen to test if it would be just as delicious as I thought it would be. Since meringues is a bit time consuming to make (baking time) I started to make those first. Then I baked my all time favorite brownie recipe. To make the meringue stick to the brownie I have spread a little bit of dark chocolate ganache. Now on to the tasting and oh my they were good. Just as I imagined. Some fresh berries (blueberries or raspberries) slightly crushed would be a nice little extra flavour and texture together with the chocolate ganache.

I will most definitely make them for my daughters birthday party in sweet mini bite sizes of course.

Comments

OK so I know the idea is to bake from scratch and sometimes I actually do but as I looked at these fab brownie/meringue creations I couldn’t help but think – instant brownie mix, ready made meringues (readily available in supermarkets here in UK)a bit of frosting between the two – easey peasey and mess making/time saving too. Thanks for sharing. Just found your site today and lurve it :-)

2. Aunt Sharon's Sweets says

I was wondering the same question. Your meringue looks lighter than a meringue cookie. Any chance you can share your recipe?

No doubt, all cakes are attractive. Top on it photo graph is very nice and quality of each picture in your website is amazing. Do you hire a photo photographer to make all these pictures? Just curious to know..

Wow! Those are sooo pretty, especially with the little sprinkles on top! Love the combo of the dense, rich brownie with a light chewy meringue on top!

5. Stephanie D. says

they look so yummy. :) I would love to know your meringue recipe. I havent realy dabbled with that before but all the meringues I know of are just egg whites, do you add anything to them to get the texture and firmness i see on yours? Also does meringue sweat in warm weather? it gets pretty humid here in Montreal.

They’re soo pretty Louise. I would have never thought of adding meringue and brownies together. Will definitely try this out. Thank you for sharing this and for all your other wonderful ideas. You take lovely photos too! :)

7. zai says

how to make the meringues? so lovely. i would like to make some for my welcoming Aidilfitri celebration.