Cath Kidston inspired cake

cath kidston cake

Today was the day for the danish cake exhibition and time to show my Cath Kidston inspired cake. When looking for inspiration to the cake I went by the gorgeous fabrics that Cath Kidston designs. I used: Roses, dots and strawberries for my cake.

The pink roses, some of my best, is made with single rose petals glued on one by one simply because I did not have a quick rose cutter that was big enough (I do now because I have just ordered one ;-))

img_rose-1

The dots was the easy part on the cake ;-) and at the bottom of the cake I decorated with strawberries made out of modelling paste. I used the strawberry cutter set from JEM for the leaves. The small white flowers are just simple 5 petal with pink non-parelis.

img_strawberry-close-up

But I was not the only one who came with a Cath Kidston themed cake. My cake friend Pia Marianne and I agreed on making cakes using CK as inspiration and this is what she came up with.

piamarianne-cath-kidston-cake

A true masterpiece and she so well deserved won the 1st. prize. Congratulation again my friend I just love your cake to bits :-) So as you can see two very different cakes inspired by the same source :-)

Happy Caking

Comments

1. Rachel says

Hi, I just found your site. It’s amazing. Your creations are beautiful. Would you mind telling what colour blue you used for the bottom tier of this cake?
    Thank you.

2. Roshini says

I must admit that I love your cake more than the other one. I was wondering, whether you would be able to put up a tutorial on how to make those lovely roses please??

3. Panda Treats says

I think the cake looks AWESOME!!!! and was wondering if you could help me out with my quandary; I am trying to make violets out of gum paste and wanted to know if you have any tips,and also should i have my cake ready before I start or if it can wait?…
    Thank you for your time! :)

• Louise says

I have never made violets flowers. I would always make the decoration like flowers first before I start baking the cake.

4. Evelyne says

I am speechless! Those cakes are sooo beautiful, I must admit tahat I like your cake better – this combination of simplicity, elegance and colors is truly breathtaking.

5. Jessica's Dinner Party says

Beautiful!!! Cath Kidston has a distinct style and you’ve truly captured the essence of it.

6. Leah says

You are so extremely talented! Thanks for all the awesome tips and cute ideas. You make it look so simple.. if only it was! :P