Christening cake

Christening cake

I made this christening cake for my husbands cousins sweet baby girl Mathilde. A three tier cake in bright colors with flowers, toadstools, butterflies, ladybirds, caterpillars and small snails. I have made all the decorations out of gum paste.

The baby cake topper is partly made of marzipan and gum paste. It have been a secret about the cake design. So when the parents saw the cake they were overwhelmed. I was so happy that they liked it. I am also a bit tired now as there have been a lot of work with this cake.

Comments

1. ceecee says

Hi Louise
    You are so talented! I just stumbled upon your website a few weeks ago and I love your work. This cake is amazing and I love that you offer tips on how to replicate your work! Excellent work – Cee

Thank you so much for all the nice and sweet comments. Do I need to say it was a HIT??? I had to do the cutting bit or else no one would do it.

There are alot of work behind the scenes 😉 though I did try to make the most details on the baby and less on the bugs and so. But even a small ladybird takes her time.

Andrea could you send me an email? I have a few good shops that I buy from.

3. Anonymous says

Wonderful job, Louise !
    The baby on the top is sooo cute !

Louise, can you recommend any store in Europe that sells cake decorating products in the internet. I used to buy from Squires Shop, but they don’t inform which products are out of stock and I just got an order with 6 items missing due to this…
    Apprecciate!
    akopp

4. desertm says

Breathtaking cake! I loved all the little details, and the gorgeous baby on top! Wonderful work!

5. Minnie~Knits says

So beautiful! This reminds me; I need to get planning for my niece’s birthday cake, for next month… I wonder what my family would say if they knew how much time goes into one little (or not so little) cake. Anyway back on topic:
    that cake is amazing, the detail work is just stunning, good job!

6. jcann says

Louise, your cake came out wonderful! I would have a hard time eating it too, it is so pretty! Love the colors, the design, everything!

7. Kagekonen says

Sweet Louise, it is a gorgeous cake. I do love all the cute little bugs and the flowers are so pretty. Well done girl.

8. Paola says

what a wonderful cake! There’s a lot of work “behind the scenes”… the topper is fantastic: so pinky and nice… nobody would have the courage to eat it! Great work (as usual) :) Paola