Cupcake cookie lolly’s

Cookie lolly's

I have been playing with the cookie dough lately and made a lot of cute cupcake cookie lollies? or simply just cookies on a sticks. These cupcake cookies have been on my “to do list” for a very long time and I finally had a go making them. I dont have a speciel cupcake cookie cutter so I sat down and draw a template myself. I am very satisfied how they turned out and I have more cake inspired cookies on the way because I had a great time decorating them.

It is sugar cookies decorated with royal icing and you can see more cupcake cookie lollies at my gallery.

Comments

1. Julieta says

Hi Luise !!! First I want to say that I Love your blog !!!!
    Please a want to know how a cover a cookie whit royal icin !!!
    Could you help me?
    Thanks :)

Amber: Wow that sound amazing. I am so glad that my cookie templates could help:-)
    To get a more straight border use a fine damp brush to help get the border in the right places.

I will have to get back to you on the cupcake recipe.

Hi Louise,

I made these cupcake cookies for a charity fair using your templates and it sold out in less than half an hour, all the kids were ogling them before the event even started, ha ha, it sure was a crowd pleaser.
    I followed your design for the pink and brown cupcake but changed the blue and brown one, I used a white and blue design instead and bordered the white cupcake with a yellow cloud-like border.
    This was my first time icing anything and each big cookie took me 2 hours, whew! The borders were very shaky, any advice on that?
    I also made some cupcakes using Betty Crocker’s Supermoist Chocolate cake mix but the cupcakes didn’t have the beautifully rounded dome like yours, it kind of looked like a steep-hill mountain and the sides shrunk in, it looked like a moat surrounding the mountain, yuck! Can you give me a recipe that has a rounded dome like the perfect ones you make? It will be greatly appreciated, thank you so much!!!

Laura N: Thank you. I decorate the cookies like you said. Stiff for outlines and rynny for the filling.

Scalbob: Thank you. For your request on a tiger cake have you tried Goggle image “tiger cake”? you could be lucky to find some insperation.

5. Scalbob says

This is such a great website – still finding my way around…

But just wanted to ask all of you out there – has anyone made or seen a tiger cake? My son has requested a “ra ra” for his 2nd birthday and I am looking for ideas.

Thank You!

6. Laura N. says

These cookies look stunning! absolutely beautiful!
    Do you use the runny icing for the filling in of the cookies and the stiff icing for the boarder lines or outlines?
    Must try making cookies with this icing!:)
    Thanks

Louise, I know about the tappit set, but the problem was that I came up with the ideathe day before the actual birthday, at 2 am in the morning :-). It’s hard to find cutters with this time range :-D
    Same thing happened to me with my own birthday cake- there are million heart cutters, but the only store around us that is open 24/7 is Walmart, and they didn’t have it, so I made a heart template and cut by hand 40 hearths with a heart shape whole in the middle. Call me crazy :-D

Hi Tandoori:

I am glad that you like my blog and the cookie templates :D Sometimes templates must be the way if you cant find cutters ect.

Btw I know it is a bit late, but did you know that FMM have a tappit set with a small guitar? http://www.fmmsugarcraft.com/pages/fullprod.php?id=48 Still I like when people makes the decoration all by them self (more personal) but sometimes short cuts is the way.

For your question on how to get more comments I must say I really dont know. Thats the thing with blogging you never know if it will hit or fail. I just write….:-)

Have a nice day!

Dear Louise, I just wanted to let you know, that I love your blog! The things you are creating are amazing!
    I really related to the ” cookie template” story, since I did a similar thing for a really small guitars for a cake that was for a friend of mine. I remember that 24 guitars as small as a half a finger took me almost 4 hours to cut, then to paint them and add small details…oh, just thinking of it is exhausting :-)
    But it was rewarding, as in your case- amazing cookies came to this world. :-) By the way I love the “cookie-pop” idea :-)!!! Very creative!
    Give me some advice, how do you get people to comment on your blog :-D, I’ve been bloging myself almost a year, I have really good amount of traffic on the website, but nobody ever comments anything! :-)
    Happy caking! :-)