Cupcakes decorated with Easter toppers

I could not wait to try, decorating some cupcakes with the sweet Easter cupcake toppers that I made last week. So I went into the kitchen and baked some Lemon vanilla cupcakes, piped with delicious fluffy yellow meringue frosting.

I placed the cupcake toppers flat on the frosting and decided to also use some leftover gum paste daffodils together with the blue cupcake toppers. A very sweet combination that made a nice Easter Treat.

I really love the endless possibilities there are with the cupcake topper disc. This will not be the last time, I use this type of decoration for my cakes, cookies and cupcakes.

Comments

1. Adam Arthurs says

What piping tip did you use? Do you have any suggestions for a LARGE piping tip?

2. Adam Arthurs says

3. Jeanneginther says

Have you ever considered throwing a cupcake party? Cake is so last year, Cupcakes are where it’s at! There are entire cookbooks devoted to the art of Cupcakes. Ever had a Tiramisu cupcake? Ever gotten a group together to see who can create the funkiest cupcake? Bakery South Bay is fun and where it’s at!

4. Sugar Rose Bakery says

Thank you for sharing your ideas. I have just made the chick toppers for some Easter cupcakes. they look lovely.

5. N Hubert says

I love these cupcakes! Would you mind sharing what cutter you used for the leaves? The daffodils are so beautiful.

6. Morgan says

How do you keep your fondant from cracking or looking dried out around the edges? When I use marshmellow fondant it starts to crack for some reason? Am I using too much sugar or is there any advice you can give?

• Anonymous says

You need to work a little fast after you have rolled out your fondant. You can leave it uncovered for a few minutes but then it starts to dry in the surface. It could be using too much sugar. Always keep it well wrapped in plastic wrap and a zipper bag.

7. R-legendre says

These look fantastic! I was in the market for a dessert for the family Easter party, and I think I definitely want to try these. A look good and taste good cupcake!