Gift Box Cake

Gift box cake

This gift box cake was made for the annual danish cake competition held by a danish cake craft store. It is quite small and cosy, but I meet with a lot of my danish cake friends for a nice “cake chat”.

I was so lucky to win 1st prize with my cake and it is now my turn to have the trophy at home.

Note:
I have used pink food color for the top tier and a mix of blue and green food color for the second tier. The Petunia cutter and petal veiner and my sugarcraft gun have also been used on the cake.

You can also take a look at my tutorial on how to make a sugar bow.

Comments

Paola: They are both pretty easy to make. The “lid” of the boxes is just pieces of fondant added to the fully covered cake. I have used a sugar gun to make the strings to cover up small gaps ect.

I would love to the cake Paola…….

Enjoy!

Hi Louise, yes I meant this cake but with a single layer: it’s hard enough!!

I’ll follow your suggestions and tutorial for the bow… anything else important I should know?

Congratulations Louise, you’re really the number one!!
    I will try to realize a cake that I hope will look a bit like yours… Do you have any special advice?
    Paola

Tracy: Sometimes I think of the same. Do yourself a favour and buy the sugarcraft gun it is the most wonderful piece of tool to work with. You will NOT regret it I promise.

5. Tracy says

Thank you Louise! I have no idea how you find the time to manage this blog but I always learn so much and it is so fun to come visit. And, now, of course, there is a new toy that I want. I was thinking about the cutter/embosser from Wilton but the sugarcraft gun seems so much better and often I am disappointed when I buy Wilton products. You seem to find the best stuff. Tracy

Tracy: Yes I have used the sugarcraft gun to make the “seam” it is one of the tools I would not live without. It is so fantastic to use.

7. Tracy says

Hi, did you use the sugarcraft gum to create the seam edge on your fondant box tops? Otherwise I was wondering how you created such a perfectly uniform “snake.” ????

Have been enjoying your blog through google reader. You make such stunning cakes- I thought it was about time I’d stop by to say so!