Knitting basket cake

Knitting basket cake

I have been working on a cake for a birthday party the last couple of days. The person have her own yarn shop, so what would be better than making a knitting basket cake?
I have used Patchwork Cutters to make the Basketweave embossing and used my indispensable sugar gun to make all the strands of wool. I can highly recomend to use the sugarcraft tool because it makes strands, ropes and borders much easier to make. I have paintet the basket with brown powdered food color, mixed with clear alcohol. Knitting needles is made out of BBQ sticks.

Comments

Kristi LaZur: it is petal powder that I have mixed with clear alcohol. You can get petal powder in most cake decorating shops.

Hi Martina: I think all yarn lovers would love it:-) Have a great day!

Lisa: If you stay tuned they may come a how 2 on it!!

3. Anonymous says

Hi, my name is Martina, I am from Prague, Czech Republic and I also have my own yarn shop and such a cake would make me a great pleasure!
    It´s really a wonderful work, very professinal, super done!

I am so glad that all you yarn lovers love the cake. I dont knit well I must say ;)

The yarn balls are cake blended with buttercream rolled into shape and chilled. I have covered them with a thin layer of rolled fondant and then applied the strands of “yarn” with the sugar gun and some sugar glue.

5. Tonya says

I didn’t realize that it was a cake till I read the blurb below it that is so real looking WOW covers it you are quite the artist
    so many talents to little time!

6. Devonshire says

That is amazing. You did such a beautiful job. I bow to your skills! I am pastry cook and yarn lover so this cake is a current fav!