Lemon meringue cupcakes

Lemon meringue cupcakes

It is not that often that I find cupcake books here in copenhagen and especially not ones who have been translated into danish. So it was a surprise to find one yesterday when I was out shopping. The book I found was “Cupcakes” by Susannah Blake a sweet little book with simple delicious cupcake recipes in it.

I only had my eyes for the lemon meringue cupcakes and OMG how good they were. With a lemon curd filling and a sweet meringue swirl on top. This is one of the best lemon cupcakes I have ever tasted!

I did these together with one of my good friends and let me just say it was really hard NOT to eat more than one of these delicious treats. The small swirl of sweet meringue did not over power the moist lemon cupcake. So the flavour combination was just perfect…. well a bit more lemon zest would not spoil them but thats it!!

Comments

Thank you Cathy. I have used a Frangipani cutter to make the flowers with. I got my cutter from Tinkertech two.

2. Cathy says

Hi Louise,

I love your blog and I have learned a lot. Can you tell me where you get the cutter for this flower? It’s so beautiful :)

Thanks,

Cathy

3. Kagekonen says

ups, that book also landed in my shopping cart the other day… Hate it when things just hop into my cart, when I’m looking the other way ;-)

Hi jenny!

You can make it by using a simple vanilla basic cupcake recipe. Just dont add the vanilla but add the zest of 1 lemon and the juice from it. Then stir in 2 tbsp Lemon courd. Top them with a marshmallow frosting (seven-minute frosting)You can Google both vanilla cupcakes & the frosting.

If you cant buy online then you should be able to find cupcake books at your local book store. maybe the can get it home if you ask them?

Good luck & happy caking

5. jenny says

Hi Louise,

I am a fan of your site, even though I have just recently come across it, I constantly find myself coming back! I really want to become a great pastry chef, and I’m trying to learn, but the process for me is going slow because I don’t have many opportunities to learn. I really want to make that cupcake that you’ve posted up there, but I cant find that book and I don’t have a credit card to purchase online.. Is that book only available online?

Hi Gaby,

i am glad that you could use the links:-)
    Baking and decorating cookies is just so much fun. Good luck with them.

7. GabyMx says

Dear Louise:
    First of all thank u so much for answering my mail about the cookie decorating, i have just purchased one of the kits from the pages u sent me, they’re going to be my first cookies ever and i’m very excited! :D Thanks also for this wonderful site and for sharing all your knowledge and passion with all of us, congratulations!
    Ur friend in California