Marshmallow bunny

Marshmallow bunny

As I wrote in a previous post I have been wanting to make some cute marshmallow bunny treats for years now. I have seen them on Martha Stewart.com and how difficult could they be?. Well let me tell you this I only managed to make three and this one was one of the best. Very tricky to pipe. Can you see that it is a bunny anyway? I know the face is missing, but I did not want to make royal icing for just one bunny face ;-)

img_marshmallows-close-up

So with a piping bag filled with marshmallow and lots of pink colored sugar what should I do? Choose the easy way;-) so I just made a lot of marshmallow “blobs” coated with pink sugar. Easy, sweet and yummy!

Happy Caking

Comments

Becky: Ohh I made some pipeable marshmallow, not mmf for decorating cakes with;-)

Well I always have a bag og mm but I must say that I like to make mmf the day before im going to use it. I think it gets a bit “gooey wooey” if I store it to long. But a month should be ok.

Im sure they were fine :D

2. Sue says

Hi Louise, this looks like to much work LOL,,,wanted to share my method for marshmallow bunnies ( or chicks or whatever). I take a plastic candy mold, and spray it with Pam,,and then put colored sugar in it to coat it. You want to dump all the excess out, the the cooking spray will make the sugar stick to the mold. Pour the hot marshmallow into the mold, and then cover the backs with more sugar and let them set over night. Unmold them the next day.this is great for Easter with pastel sugars, or xmas. Whatever occassion you need, just get the appropriate mold. Thanks for all your great ideas!

3. etty says

i am trying to find instructions for wimscal cake
    i sow somewher instructios for how to but cant finf it
    help pleas

Hello!
    I have just found you when I was searching another thing and you already are an inspiration for me! thanks for existing and share with us so much sweet ideas and work!

and I love your little sweet bunny! So cute!

Congratulations for your excellent work and just keep fill our lives with it!

5. Becky says

I can easily see the bunny!!! (But then I’ve had real bunnies for years :) You got it completely right. Even the blobs look very fluffy and tempting.
    I’m trying to figure out how you even got marshmallow into a piping bag.

I keep meaning to ask you: do you have marshmallow fondant always available in your house? You always have such cute projects involving fondant. Do you make it fresh every time or make it once and store it? How long does it stay good?

For Easter, I made your brownies with the fondant daffodils, and I used fondant I had stored for about a month. It still tasted good, and there was nothing growing in it..!!! Plus, we’re all still alive after eating it. Mine were pretty, but they were nowhere near as pretty as yours!!!

LOL! thank you for looking at my lonely bunny :-)

In the direction on MS they wrote to complete one bunny at a time. But the mm slightly went more and more goey so it was so hard to pipe nicely.

I diped my finger in water to get rid of of the piping points.

Oh my god now I gotta try making those I love making marshmallows!! And you can defintly tell it looks like a bunny but like you said just with no face!! Oh its my turn now to try maybe with a different color sanding sugar some purple maybe?? Good job they really do look cute!!

8. kim says

You are so brave! After making SMBC, I can only imagine how sticky that was to work with! Did you have to stick your finger in cornstarch to get rid of the piping points? I agree they would be adorable on top of cupcakes! I’m glad you tried it, and were the sacrificial marshmallow maker for all of us. Thanks Louise!