My Gingerbread house 2009

This year I wanted to make my Gingerbread house a little more “simple”, only decorating it with white royal icing. I have used different styles of piping details inspired by the Gingerbread houses from Martha Stewart. It is very Scandinavian, I think ;-)

Like last year, I have added electric lights inside the house and I think it looks so charming when the lights burst out through the windows. I always give the Gingerbread house to my MIL and she only just threw out, last years gingerbread house a couple of month ago. So I am a bit excited, to see how long she will keep this one :-)

Happy Caking and Merry Christmas to all of you!

Comments

Natalie: Please look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qu9ZtV51RM&NR=1&feature=fvwp The next one is a really great dvd that will help you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3sXpFymoRY&feature=related

Alice: What you do is have a little water and a little paint brush ready when you pipe dots. When you have piped 4-5 dots take your slightly dampen brush and carefully press down the “tail” Dont make more than 4-5 dots at a time because as the RI dries it is harder to do it nicely.

Naomi: Ohh that is a pretty GB. I just cant work out the chimney part. So thats why my GB houses never has a chimney.

2. Florence D'Ascoli says

Fist at all. I hope you had a Happy Christmass and I wish you peace, health, happiness and prosperity to you and your love ones for the next 2010.
    I love the way you did this gingerbread house, simple and glamorous. I will copy it.
    Warm grettings from our warm Venezuela

3. Florence D'Ascoli says

First at all… I hope you had a happy Christmass and I wish you peace, health and prosperity to you and your love ones. Warm wishes from our warm Venezuela.
    I

4. Jill says

Absolutely beautiful Louise! I woullove to try one next year!

regards and Merry Christmas to you!

Jill, Cape Town

5. Alice says

Wow, that looks amazing! I have a problem with my own royal icing dots though, I can’t seem to make them without the little spiky “tail” coming off. How do you make yours so nice and rounded?
    Thanks!

Thanks for all your fantastic posts this year, I’ve loved following your blog, can’t wait to see what’s to come!!

Wishing you a Happy and Healthy 2010!!

Mrs. Cozy Home