Star Wars birthday cake

My son turned 8 this week and he’s a big fan of the Star Wars universe. Today we had a Star Wars themed birthday party with goodies like: Yoda soda, Vader water, Wookie cookies, Jedi Starfighter pizza, Jedi training school and of course a cake!

I baked a chocolate chip cake and decorated it with blue rolled fondant, Star Wars logo and light sabers.

Comments

1. michelle says

HI LOUISE , I LOVE THIS CAKE ! MY SON IS 9 AND ALSO A HUGE STAR WARS FAN ! I WOULD LOVE TO TRY THIS FOR HIM , MY ONLY QUESTION IS HOW DID YOU DO THE LETTERS ? WAS IT FROM CUTTERS OR DID YOU MAKE YOUR OWN STENCILS ? THANKS , MICHELLE

• Louise says

Michelle please find a link in the comments to the special Star Wars font that I used. I printed it out on paper when I had the right font size for the letters (check the cake pan that you will be using) Cut them out and then transfer to more sturdy paper. Remember to let the fondant dry for 10-15 min before you cut them out using a very sharp knife. It is also good to add a little tylo/gumtex powder so that they will hold the shape.

• MICHELLE says

THANK YOU LOUISE . ONLY AFTER YOUR REPLY DID I READ ALL THE OLDER COMMENTS AND REALIZED I WAS ONE OF MANY MANY PPL ASKING THE SAME QUESTION ! THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND YOUR REPLY ! YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION !

2. bayoubelle says

Great cake. How did you keep the letters from warping? Also, did you use a stencil to create the letters?

• Louise says

Just let the fondant dry for 15 min before cutting with a sharp knife :-) I used a special Star Wars font (find link in one of my other comments on this post)

3. Lin says

Great cake, I am learning to be cake decorater and Im doing it myself as the baking schools are expensive. Thank you your website is great and helpful to me while i’m learning.

4. Paola says

Dear Louise your cakes are always perfect, the lettering looks fantastic!! Happy birthday to your son!