Sweet pink cupcake costume

cupcake costume
We have been celebrating shrovetide this weekend. The kids put on costumes for the celebration and they hit on a decorated wooden barrel filled with candy, just like a Piñata. We also eat buns filled with chocolate or cream. This year my daugther Alberte wanted to be a sweet pink cupcake, so I had to do some research on Google for cupcake costume ideas. It took me quite some time thinking and re-thinking on how to best “bake” this costume.

I used an old pink sheet for the “frosting” and stuffed it well with Poly fill. Alberte helped me, making the sprinkles out of Silk Clay. The sprinkles dried up light as a feather and was just glued on with craft glue. The hardests part of the whole costume was the fluted cupcake base, but after some help from my husband we managed to find a solution that we were all happy with. To finish off her costume, I made her a little head piece out of two “layers” of pink frosting, a crepe paper ruffle and a blue candle on top.

She is the sweetest cupcake that I have ever made and she even won a prize for best costume. So I am very proud of my work with this cupcake costume.

Comments

Oh My Goodness, not only are you a brilliant creative baker, you can sew as well!!! She looks amazing. You should sew an advert for CakeJournal onto it and pay a small person to get photographed in unusual places wearing it. Then send the shots to the press!

• Anonymous says

LOL!!!!! Good Idea. Btw have you seen the wedding cake competition for the Ideal Home Show in London?

3. Peachycakes says

oh i love that costume!!! and thanks made in pink i totally forgot it is shrove tuesday 2moro lol :) love your tutorials…am a newbie here look forward to seeing more of your fabulous work!! xx

4. Peachycakes says

5. Lucy says

Louise, is there anything you CAN’T do? haha!
    I love this, its so sweet. Congrats to Alberte on winning the competition, it was must deserved :-)

Hej Louise.

Fantastisk fastelavnskostume – og ikke mindst et meget tiltalende og brugbart kageunivers du hér har!

Fastelavnshilsener Mie

7. Made With Pink says

Thats adorable! Great job at making that! The celebrations sound very different and fun. We don’t do anything like that in the UK, but tomorrow is Pancake Day / Shrove Tuesday so we’ll be eating pancakes.

• Anonymous says

Thank you!
      We have Pancake Day here as well :-) In the old days (very old days) a real black cat was placed in the wooden barrel and it was literally beaten to death at that time. I think that the it was in end of the 1800th century, that they stopped using real cats. We now decorate the barrels with black paper cats instead. Luckily for the cats!!!!