Testing the white chocolate fondant

I have now been testing the white chocolate fondant. I decided to test it on a dummy cake first. That way it was easier to peel off the fondant if there were any problems. I did not experience any problems while covering the dummy cake.

The white chocolate fondant was really wonderful to work with. It rolls out easy and I did not have any troubles with cracks or the fondant tearing. I find dummy cakes the worst thing to cover, but this white chocolate fondant passed its test. Next, is to try it with a real cake…

Comments

1. Sherry B says

I can confirm that this fondant is wonderful! I have used Satin Ice in the past but this recipe makes such a nicer fondant with better flexibility and no cracking. Get Jennifer’s DVD if you don’t have it. It is a terrific tool to have for cake makers. It is worth every penny you will spend on it.
    Jennifer is the a super sweet lady and has been an immense help to me :-)

2. Johanna says

Hej! Jag bara älskar din sida och du gör så fina saker. Du skriver att du använt en dummy cake. Vad är dummyn gjord av eller har du köpt den någonstans?
    Johanna

Anja: Skriver lige på dansk ;-) De helt små blomster er faktisk en mini calyx. Mener at den er fra TT2? Den anden blomst(8 blads)købte jeg sidste år i sverige.

Alessandra: I would not say that its very chocolaty in taste but it does have a sent of chocolate.

Mita: they are a mix of all sorts of flower cutters that I have: Petunia, daisy and even calyx cutters in different sizes.

Franchesca: I made it with Jennifer Dontz recipe/dvd: http://www.jenniferdontz.com/viewproduct.php?itemid=dvd001

Vanessa: Thank you. I got the cake stand from a little shop here in Copenhagen :-)

Carmen Quinquilla: Try and send your question to Jennifer, im sure she knows about it. cakebabe1@aol.com

Kim: Good tip :-) Thx!

Shannon: Awwww, indeed I am flattered :-)

Inger: I got it from a shop here in Cph.

Melia: It a mix of many different flower cuters: petunia, daisy, calyx & 5 petal. Jennifer from Sugar delits have 2 great sets of mixed cutters that are really sweet. Both sets are on my wishing list: http://www.jenniferdontz.com/viewproduct.php?itemid=cut056 and this one: http://www.jenniferdontz.com/viewproduct.php?itemid=cut055

Diana: Yes, the taste is wonderful.

nadi aidid: You should try it out. I have had so much trouble with fondant lately that it was no fun making cakes. This have certainly brought back the fun.

Queen of Tarts Cakes: I was thinking on trying Satin Ice, simply because my fondant have been cracking and tearing like crazy. But then I tried this, because we can get Pettinice here and it is wonderful.

Anonymous: Its a semi homemade fondant. Its Pettinice fondant mixed with Merckens chocolate.

This is a semi-homemade white chocolate fondant. It is made with candy melts. Super easy and performs like a dream. I use Pettinice (Bakel’s) but that’s not to say you can’t use another brand. I always recommend trying the exact same ingredients the first time with my recipes, then experiment. Otherwise, you won’t know how it should come out/perform. We do offer flat rate shipping options. Jennifer :-)

5. Dee says

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us! I went and bought the DVD last night, sure hope I can get the benifit you did! Again thanks for sharing, LOVE your site!

6. Sucr&Chic says

White chocolat fondant … why not ? and the result seems perfect !
    (excuse my approximative english, i can read it easily but it is difficult to write it; I am french)

7. Anonymous says

So is this a purchased fondant or a homemade fondant? If a purchased fondant,what brand is it?