The Cupcake Fairy Topper

Fairy cupcake topper

First let me say congratulation to Sandra (socake) who won the Fairy theme Throw Down at the flickr Bake-off group. Sandra made a fantastic fairy who crashed in the frosting. Love it!

I made this little sweet fairy and yes she is very small just over 2″ high. I made her out of modelling paste and used a flower cutter to make the petal dress. I gave her a pair of wings by using a butterfly cutter from Patchwork cutters. I finished it off with green piped vines and some simple “rolled roses”.

You can see another photo of her in my cake gallery.

Comments

1. Gaby says

Hi Louise! Thank you so much for the tips. I’ll start practicing making these :D I’ll let you know how they turned out!

Gaby: that a tricky one… my guess would be make the “wings” out of black modelling paste. You could pipe the details on the wings with grey royal icing. Then for the body take some grey MP and start with a ball and then pinch out the “arms” add a small black circle and let it all dry
    . Then assemble with edible glue or RI.

I think this is the best way to keep it simple.

3. Gaby says

HI Soo!
    Yessss I know it’s going to be super challenging for me, I’m so new with all this. I got a book on cupcakes and I’ve been reading it so I can learn the techniques and all, but still I can’t make up my mind on how to make the darn ships hahaha
    I promise I’ll post a picture no matter how they end up looking :D
    Hopefully Louise can shed light on this ;)

4. Soo says

Hi Gaby,

When you finished with the Tie Fighter ships could you please post it? I am sure it is going to be very challenging.

5. Gaby says

Louise:
    Amazing as always!! You’re so talented you make it look really easy!
    I have a BIG question for you. I don’t have a lot of experience making cupcakes, and my husband’s birthday is coming soon. Well, guess what he asked for? Star Wars cupcakes! He specifically asked for TIE FIGHTER ships on top of the cupcakes. My question is how can I make the space ships in the most simpler way? I guess the easiest would be to put a picture on top of the cupcake :D but I would like to at least try to make them edible :D
    Here’s a link to a Tie Fighter pic

Thank you so much for your advice and time!
    Gaby

6. Soo says

Dear Sandra,

I really love your little fairy. I just wander could you share with me the process that how you did the fairy.

7. hong says

Adorable! The prettiest one I’ve ever seen. The pink, the green, the hair color are so harmonious and graceful. Like it very much.