The great cupcake project

Great cupcake

I decided today I would finally try out my new cupcake pan. So with all the ingredients ready I started and thought that it would be fun for you to see how it works :-) I used the recipe that comes with the pan, a vanilla butter cake.

I baked it on 325 F (165 C) for about 1 hour and 30 mins. At that moment the “swirl” part was done but the bottom needed 15 minutes more. So I placed a piece of tinfoil over the cakes for the last 15 minutes. The cakes went out of the tin very easy. I carved off a little bit of the “swirl” to get it more levelled and assembled the cakes with IMBC.

Great cupcake

All left was to add the IMBC to the top. Not an easy job to do as I had to do it over two times. First a light crumb coating and then I placed it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes so that it would harden before I added the last layer. Now if you wanted it to be smooth like its showed on the pan? a smoothing touch with your hands (wearing gloves of course) would do the trick.

Great cupcake

Then there was not much else to do than to add some sprinkles. I made these a couple of days agoe out of rolled fondant. Here it is all finished and ready to eat :-)

Great cupcake

Happy Caking

Comments

1. ashley says

Will the cookies turn soft when its left outside to dry overnight? since the icing is made with raw eggs, must the cookies be kept in the fridge? or how long can they last out after icing?

• Louise says

My cookies never turns soft when drying overnight. The icing is made with pasteurized egg whites so I do not keep them in the fridge just a air tight box.

2. Lan says

Louise, the photos aren’t showing up for this post, any chance you can rectify this as I’d love to see them!

3. TL says

I have a giant cupcake pan too, but it is a silicon pan not the one from WS.

I actually use two box cake mixes and it works fine, but i do bake it at 325 instead of 350 and it is for much longer.

I think the chocolate wrapper on the bottom is a great idea.

You can also find premade giant sprinkles instead of making them in fondant. :-)

Lauren: Ahh you did the chocolate cover :-) I love that tip. Did you also cover the bottom of the pan with chocolate? Great to hear that it worked with chocolate and not candy melts. I cant get those to work.

Maggie: Thank you for the great idea :-) i have seen on a blog one who made a candy melt collar from the “bottom” and placed the cake/bottom inside.