The missing cupcakes

Cupcakes

As you all remember I forgot to take photos of the cupcakes that I had made for my brother and SIL wedding reception. I felt so bad about it, so when the kids and I was in the mood for cupcakes yesterday I decorated three of them. ¨

I did the decoration like I had done it for the reception, with some left over gum paste flowers. So here they are…… well these are all chocolate ones as I did three different flavours: White vanilla mud chocolate, dark chocolate mud and banana. They were all decorated like here with a spread of royal icing and decorated with gum paste flowers and sprinkles.

My fist idea was to make some with fondant tops, but the heat that day made me change my mind to make a more safe and non-sticky decoration, as royal icing stays the same when dry even though the banan cupakes are so good with chocolate frosting I went with chocolate royal icing wich is also nice on banana cupcakes.

I made in total around 60 and only three came back :-)

Happy Caking

Comments

Zoe: yes it taste good on cupcakes too. Just thin it a bit to make it more spreadable. Its great on mudcake cupcakes :-)

2. Zoe says

Hi Louise,
    I’m in Australia and I’m making 80 cupcakes for my parents 25th wedding anniversary this weekend. I was going to use Buttercream but was stressed about it melting, I never thought to use RI. Does it taste alright?

Claudia: Firstly cupcakes packed in bags can get soft and sticky because of the moisture from the cupcake so you can not make these days before, and let them stay in the plastic bag. I would say that prior to the way the CC’s will be packed I would go with royal icing or rolled fondant. You will need to soak the cupcakes with some sugar syrup if you make them days ahead but they will not be like a freshly baked cupcake.

Jannie: No, not hard just a little crunchy.

4. Claudia says

Hi Louise! I have a request for making cupcakes as favors for maternity visiting and I got so excited with these, with royal icing. How many days do they last? Which would long last: royal icing, poured fondant or rolled fondant? The cupcakes will be wrapped in plastic bags with ribbons. I’d appreciate your comments. Thank you!

Karen: I just added some dark cocoa powder to the white royal icing.

Flor: Some cake recipes works out for cupcakes aswell. There are tons and tons of cupcake recipes out there. Just try search for vanilla cupcakes.

• Vanessa says

Hi Louise,

Where do you get your dark cocoa powder from? I live in Sydney but haven’t seen it in the shops anywhere.

Thanks,
      Vanessa

• Anonymous says

I use Valrhona cocoa powder which is very dark. I can buy it in most supermarkets. Can you get regular cocoa powder? (the unsweetened kind)