The wedding cake

I was busy last week with the preperation of this beautiful wedding cake. I made this wedding cake as a favour for a sweet friend of mine. The original design is from danish: KageKompagniet. I started making the gum paste flowers and leaves. I made lots of 5-petals, petunias and small blossoms i various sizes. The colors was from white to three different shades of peach.

I used my favourite silicon veiner for the sugar flowers. I dusted the flowers with peach and cream lustre dust and I gave the leaves some green petal dust dissovled in clear alcohol so they got a bit shiny.

Then it was time to bake the three chocolate cakes. I must say that my new oven is now officially tested :-) We had a wonderful smell of chocolate in the house the rest of the day.

The next day when the cakes was cold and ready to level the fun started. Since I got my wonderful Agbay Cake Leveler it has been a joy to level my cakes. Before I knew it all three cakes was torted and ready to be filled.

I filled the cakes with raspberry and chocolate mouse and crumb coated them with vanilla buttercream. The cakes was covered with white rolled fondant and piped snail trails in royal icing. I stacked two of the cakes and used Wiltons plastic dowels for extra support. The small tier was placed on white cake pillars aslo from Wilton.

Then the only thing left was to attache the sugar flowers and leaves with royal icing. I must say that I was very satisfied with the cake and so was the happy couple :-)

Comments

holly: the type of filling that was used can not stay out for that long only for a couple of hours. Because of the fresh cream that was used.

2. Katie says

You really do a wonderful job. this cake is beautiful, do you have the recipe for the mud cake on your site?

MSG142: What is the 1-2-3 recipe like?? I personally like mud cakes very much. They are perfect for carving.

I can tell that you will love the Agbay it works like a dream.

4. MSG142 says

I am so happy I subscribed to this site. Your tips are wonderful. I’m new to the cake field and am trying to perfect my creations. I’ve been asked to do cakes for different occassions. Your tips will certainly be useful. I have been using the 1-2-3 Cake batter for my cakes because it’s firm, would you suggest another recipe for cakes. I will be purchasing the Agby Cake Leveler for myself. Your instruction are clear as well. Thanks a bunch.

5. samirah says

Hi Louise.
    The cake is beautiful.
    I have been following your blog for some time now.
    All your ideas are inspirational :)
    Thank you for sharing your recipes, tips, suppliers and ideas with us.
    It’s refreshing to find someone who wants to share exactly how to make the things that she does.
    Usually people want to keep things secret and guard their recipes.
    Thank you again, you make cake decorating easy as pie for novice decoraters like me.
    Lotsa luv.
    Samirah

Lovely and very classy cake, your friend must have loved it! (And loved being YOUR friend at that moment when she needed a weddingcake ;D)