Valentine letter cookies

img_7020_resize

With Valentine’s Day soon approching, the web is loaded with all sorts of sweet ideas for making that something special for your loved ones. I came up with this idea: Valentine letter cookies. That way the receiver can spell your messages by themself, a bit like scrabble :-) The cookies are 1 7/8″ and I have used the smallest heart from the Nesting Heart Cookie Cutters from wilton.

img_7043_resize

The cookies are decorated with pink fondant cut-out hearts. For the letter embossing, I used the Jem’s alphabet cutter set. I really like the style of the letters and they are so useable because every letter is like a little stamp so you can emboss almost everything with this set. For the last touch I brushed lustre dust on the hearts to give them a little shimmer, it just dont shows well on the photos.

img_7036_resize

Before packing the cookies remember to let the fondant “dry” to avoid any marks on the hearts.

Happy Caking

Comments

1. Danielle says

These are adorable (as everyone else has said) i am writing from oz (not as in the wizrad of… as in Australia) can i please ask who makes those cutters you used? Id like to look for them on the internet. Thanks again for posting this amazing idea and sharing your work with us. x

2. Lily says

you are amazing, everytime I saw your mail is in, I couldn’t wait to open it,
    you give me a lot of joy of baking even I am not good at it at moment, but I will learen from you and hopefully I will make something really good sometimes soon. keep up good work, I really admire you.

3. Mommy Dhe says

Your cookies look so lovely. i plan to make this kind of cookies for my hubby and doughter in this valentine day. May i adopt this cookies idea?
    Thanks

4. Kate from Oz says

Hey Louise, perfect as usual and a unique idea….i think my husband would eat them all before descyphering the message ha ha. Can you please let me know where i can find your cookie recipe? Im sure its here somewhere…
    Thankyou greatly.
    Kate

5. FantasyLand says

I’ve waited and waited for this posting … and you delivered (no pun intended ;-) beyond my expectations. Thanx so much – what a fun idea!!

6. Kim says

Oh how cute! You cease to amaze me. I just ordered my set at this moment! Thank you again for your fantastic blog. Yes, your blog is read about all over the world. I am writing from the UK