During the transfer to a new web host last year, one post did not make it through. It was the post about the best banana cupcakes. So I thought I would write a new post about them (photo is old) simply because they are so good and because if you love a good banana cupcake or cake? then you should try out this recipe. Be sure to add a nice chocolate frosting or glaze on top.
- 125g (4oz + 1 tbsp) butter
- 175g (6oz) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 large mashed ripe bananas
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 Tbsp boiling milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 225g (8oz) flour
- Cream butter & sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Mix in mashed bananas.
- Add baking soda that has been dissolved in hot milk.
- Lastly mix in sifted flour & baking powder. Dont overbeat the batter.
- For a cake bake it in a 20cm round pan on 170 C (325 F) for about 45 mins in a convection oven.
- This mixture will produce around 18 standard size cupcakes and they are baked at 170 C (325 F) for approx 18-25 mins. You want them to be light golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
I got the recipe from one of my flickr friends Kathryn and I am sure that she dont mind me sharing it with you
Please visit my recipe section if you want recipes for other cupcakes.
You can also visit my tutorial section if you want to learn cupcake decoration techniques that will make your cupcakes look fabulous.