Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Filling

chocolate cake with raspberry filling

This chocolate chip cake was the very first cake recipe that I tried out for my first decorated cake. Now seven years later it is still one of my most used recipes. I got the recipe from a danish online cake community but I have made some changes over time. I like to use it for layered cakes, cake bites, 3D cakes or just plain with a spread of thin royal icing and sprinkles on top.

I always like to use a filling together with this chocolate cake. Chocolate ganache or fruit mousse. I used to use a store bought mousse mixture but nothing beats a good home made fruit mousse. So when I saw a tv program with a danish pastry chef making raspberry mousse I thought I would give it a try.

I hope that you will enjoy the chocolate chip cake with raspberry filling just as much as I do.

Chocolate chip cake
Raspberry mousse

Comments

• Louise says

It’s not that you can’t do it. I just never use the fan for my cakes. I find that it makes a hard crust and that the top of the cake bakes faster than than the rest of the cake.

1. Janessa says

Would i be able to melt the chocolate chips for the batter for a deeper chocolate taste? Would that effect anything in a negative way?

• Louise says

I have never tried this with melted chocolate all these year that I have baked this cake. Always used the choc chips. So I can only say that you will have to try it out.

2. Laura says

I am thinking of using this recipe as a birthday cake for my little sister, would it still work if i used orange buttercream in the place of the mousse ?
    Also, does the recipe make enough to fill 3 shallow 8 inch cake pans ?
    Thanks,
    Laura x

• Louise says

You want to make three cakes as in three layers? and not splitting any of the three cakes? How tall are your pans?

3. Suzanne Noordewier says

This cake is sitting in the oven as we speak.. and it’s HUGE! Thanks for sharing your fantastic recipes!

Suzanne