Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Filling

chocolate cake with raspberry filling

This chocolate chip cake was the very first cake recipe that I tried out for my first decorated cake. Now seven years later it is still one of my most used recipes. I got the recipe from a danish online cake community but I have made some changes over time. I like to use it for layered cakes, cake bites, 3D cakes or just plain with a spread of thin royal icing and sprinkles on top.

I always like to use a filling together with this chocolate cake. Chocolate ganache or fruit mousse. I used to use a store bought mousse mixture but nothing beats a good home made fruit mousse. So when I saw a tv program with a danish pastry chef making raspberry mousse I thought I would give it a try.

I hope that you will enjoy the chocolate chip cake with raspberry filling just as much as I do.

Chocolate chip cake
Raspberry mousse

Comments

• Louise says

It’s not that you can’t do it. I just never use the fan for my cakes. I find that it makes a hard crust and that the top of the cake bakes faster than than the rest of the cake.

1. Janessa says

Would i be able to melt the chocolate chips for the batter for a deeper chocolate taste? Would that effect anything in a negative way?

• Louise says

I have never tried this with melted chocolate all these year that I have baked this cake. Always used the choc chips. So I can only say that you will have to try it out.

2. Laura says

I am thinking of using this recipe as a birthday cake for my little sister, would it still work if i used orange buttercream in the place of the mousse ?
    Also, does the recipe make enough to fill 3 shallow 8 inch cake pans ?
    Thanks,
    Laura x

• Louise says

You want to make three cakes as in three layers? and not splitting any of the three cakes? How tall are your pans?

• Anonymous says

We are trying to look at it, but at the moment it seems that all goes wrong :-( It’s really frustrating.
      Fra: Disqus [mailto:]
      Sendt: 15. november 2011 19:31
      Til: louise@cakejournal.com
      Emne: [cakejournal] Re: Chocolate chip cake with raspberry filling

NOTE: This comment is waiting for your approval. It is not yet published on your site. ======

• Anonymous says

Yes, just crumb coat with Italian/swiss meringue butter cream and cover with rolled fondant. You do need to store the cake in the refrigerator because of the mousse filling.

• Anonymous says

Sorry. No recipe for chocolate mousse.

Fra: Disqus [mailto:]
        Sendt: 13. september 2011 00:29
        Til: louise@cakejournal.com
        Emne: [cakejournal] Re: Chocolate chip cake with raspberry filling

Madi9underwood (unregistered) wrote, in response to CakeJournal: do you have any recpies for chocolate mouse
        Link to comment
        IP address: 173.57.26.58

3. Suzanne Noordewier says

This cake is sitting in the oven as we speak.. and it’s HUGE! Thanks for sharing your fantastic recipes!

Suzanne