I haven’t met a person yet who does not like Oreo cookies. Have you?
They are one of my favorite cookies…hehe.
A few weeks ago, I played around with my chocolate cake recipe and created a chocolate oreo cake recipe. This cake is phenomenal. I cannot even begin to describe all this “deliciousness” without my mouth watering…lol. I paired this cake with chocolate oreo buttercream frosting and fresh strawberries…YUM! 😀
This recipe will make a single 8×3 round cake.
Delicious chocolate oreo cake with fresh strawberries.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered oreo cookies (Separate the oreos and throw the “non-creamy“ sides in a blender until you have a powdered form)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup full fat milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (you can add more if you want a stronger chocolate flavor)
- 1/2 cup powdered oreo cookies (made the same way as above)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream + few additional tablespoons to reach the consistency you require
- In a deep bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, powdered oreo cookies, sugar, oil, vanilla extract, eggs, milk, cinnamon powder, baking powder, baking soda and mix everything.
- Add hot water. I usually microwave it in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Mix everything until the batter is well-blended.
- Pour this batter into a greased/floured pan (Dimensions: 8×3).
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- In a deep bowl, add butter and salt. Cream butter for a few minutes until it’s no longer lumpy.
- Add powdered sugar, cocoa powder, powdered oreo cookies, vanilla extract, almond extract and start mixing at the lowest speed.
- Add 1/4 cup heavy cream and mix. Add more and keep mixing until you are satisfied with the consistency.
TIP: If your icing gets very runny, add more powdered sugar to thicken it again.
Additional ingredients and supplies for assembling/decorating this cake:
Powdered oreo cookies (about 2-3 cups)
Fresh strawberries (rinsed and dried with a paper towel)
Allow your cake to cool on a cooling rack and then cut it in half, using a sharp knife.
Fill it with chocolate buttercream icing and place a few sliced strawberries. Stick the other half of the cake in place.
Then, use a spatula to frost your entire cake in chocolate buttercream icing.
Finally, sprinkle the top and sides of your cake with powdered Oreo cookies.
Be generous with this because those powdered cookies all over the cake add so much flavor!
Fill a piping bag with chocolate buttercream icing or vanilla buttercream. Attach Tip 1M and make little swirls on top of the cake. Top off each swirl with a fresh strawberry.
I hope you enjoy this fabulous cake