Confetti Cupcake Recipe

Confetti cupcake

I have been baking today, simply because I needed something sweet and sugary. I ended up with a batch of light chocolate cupcakes with a white meringue frosting on top. It is a really good flavour combination those two.

If you are looking for a 100% white frosting, the white meringue frosting is a really good choice. The white meringue frosting holds up really well too. I had a couple of left overs and after a couple of hours they still looked nice. The only thing is that the frosting will crust over time, but it still taste good.

To dress them up, I used some bright and colorful sprinkles to give the final touch. Simple and classic! The reason why I call them light chocolate cupcakes is because they have a light chocolate (cocoa) flavour and my kids loves them.

Confetti cupcake close up

I love this close up photo of this confetti cupcake Mmmmm.

Are you new to CakeJournal? then you can read more about cupcake decoration, tips and tricks in the tutorial section Look under Cupcakes. For those of you who would like to know what tip I have used for the swirls. I can tell that it is a plain star tip with an 11mm opening.

If you would like to make the cupcakes and the frosting then here are links to the recipes:

Light chocolate cupcakes
White meringue frosting

Comments

1. Andie Rihanheart says

When my friend and I made these we thought they
    were absolutely great and simple yet delicious!

2. wumiw says

Hi louis! Beauitful recipe! Tried d chocolate cake recipe! N I just made d WNWM but I nid to knw if it can b used on a bigger cake like 8 inches and above! Pls reply as soon as possible! Lookin forward to ur reply! Uv been of great help to my bakin skills

• Louise says

I’m not sure if it will work?? I have not had great experience with all cupcake recipes turned into “cake” recipes.

3. ilovecake says

What is the difference between the Angel Feather Icing and the White Meringue frosting? which one tastes better???

• Louise says

The AF icing is a bit more like marshmallow fluff with a thick consistency. The WM is more airy and light. I like them both but the WM is super on chocolate cupcakes :-)

4. Brittany says

(First comment ever) The second I saw these I had to make them even though it was past midnight!! I am not a chocolate cupcake fan and I’ve never had luck with meringue frosting BUT this was, by far, the most incredible tasting cupcake and frosting I have ever baked! The cupcake baked perfectly and the frosting whipped up nicely. I got rave reviews from the few people that tried them! Thank you for your blog and your recipes and thank you for being an inspiration to get in the kitchen and make something yummy!

I was browsing for cake ideas and I stumbled across your site. What brilliant ideas and so creative. I am now a follower and look forward to your posts.

6. Ania says

I made this cupcakes on Monday. I think they’re yummy, but… not the best :) A bitter taste of muffins is composing with sweet frosting, but i think muffins are too bitter. But they’re look great and delicious :)
    Sorry for mistakes :) Greetings from Wrocław, Poland!