Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcake Recipe

gluten-free chocolate cupcakes

I often get asked if I can make a cake or cupcakes that does not have any wheat in it.  After a lot of trial and error I have come up with this recipe that I am going to share with you.  I have been told by my clients that these gluten free chocolate cupcakes taste just like a regular chocolate cupcake.

I have even been told that when clients have served these cupcakes to their guests, their guests did not even know that these were gluten free.  So why not give this simple recipe a try??!! :)

* please note this recipe will make 24 cupcakes or a double layer 9″round cake *

[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:9]

Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C)

Diane

Diane
Diane is a co-write for CakeJournal. She is a self taught cake decorator and sugar flower artist since 2010. Diane lives in Ontario, Canada and is very excited to be joining our team.
Diane

Comments

1. Julie says

Fantastic. Have just got these out of the oven and three are gone already. I was wondering how to ice them but I may not have to worry……..

My 3 year old granddaughter and I made these cupcakes yesterday. They are absolutely fabulous. The celiacs in my family raved about them and the non-celiacs kept asking if I was sure they were gluten free. Mine sank a little but probably because I opened the oven door. I wasn’t how long I should bake them as cupcakes, so had to peek in & test them. However, I just layered more icing on top to cover up the holes. Tee hee.
    Thank you so much…this is my go-to recipe from now on.

Hi Erika. I am sorry to hear this happened. I am not exactly sure why this happened, but I can give you some suggestions. First, make sure not to open the oven at all during baking, this for sure will make them drop. Make sure the eggs are at room temperature. Also could your baking soda or baking powder be expired? Also, check the expiry of the Xanthum Gum. Hope these suggestions helps.

4. Erika says

I followed the recipe to the letter and my sunk, like a LOT midway through baking and never came back up. Any idea why? Do you let your batter settle at all before putting it in the oven?

Yum! These look and sound super tasty, I could seriously eat 10 of these right now!! Time to get to the store and load up the cart with the rest of the ingredients!!

I would be more than happy to try out your recipe! The picture looks just so divine and I now have a colleague who can’t eat gluten, so it would be just perfect :D However, I do have to say that I don’t know half of the ingredients on your list :( I guess that requires some internet research :P ;)

7. Janine says

I love this recipe and want to try it. Before I do, do you think I could substitue the “Buttermilk” with Almond milk or soy milk and get the same results?