Lemon Chiffon Cake Recipe

Lemon Chiffon Cake

I absolutely love spring and seeing all the new fresh fruit available!  When I saw the huge lemons in my grocery store last week, I immediately wanted to bake something light and lemony that would remind me spring is just around the corner!

This Lemon Chiffon Layer Cake is a recipe out of a very old cookbook that my grandmother left to me.  The cake is light and airy – with a not-too-sweet whipped cream frosting and filled with creamy delicious Lemon Curd.

I hope you’ll give it a try!

Slice of Lemon Chiffon Cake 2

[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:7]

Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C)

(3) 8″ round ungreased cake pans, lined with parchment

This cake was so light and lemony  – perfect for spring and Easter!

Rose

Rose
I'm Rose and I blog over at Rose Bakes. I'm baker, cake decorator, wife, and homeschooling mommy to 6 wonderful children! My love of cakes started at the age of 13, I started a business in 2009 then my blog was born in 2012! It's how I to share my love of cakes and help others along the way!
Rose
Rose

Comments

Wow, this looks AMAZING. Easter has already passed, but I don’t think I need an excuse for this cake!

And the photographs are stunning, too :)

2. Kim L says

It looks beautiful. I love lemon desserts.

Would I be able to bake and frost this the day before for a dinner party?

3. ThecakeFairybyMonica says

I made this cake for Easter and everybody loved it!! Thank you so much for the recipe

4. Lisa says

I tried this cake on the weekend and it was very yummy however your conversion from degree f to degrees c is incorrect. It should be 180 degrees c instead of 180 degrees c.

5. gillian says

I made this today for a family birthday and it was a BIG hit. Just wondering about oven temperatures. 350 f is 170 c- is it a typo on the recipe? I have a fan oven so i cooked it at 160 c but it took a lot longer than 16 mins. Should i raise the temperature?. Other than this it proved easy to make. I had to look up what cake flour was – turns out I just had to remove 3 1/2 tablespoons of the flour and replace it with corn flour. Dont think we have cake flour here in Ireland :)) Thanks for sharing

• says

I apologize for that error. I’m not terribly familiar with Celsius, but I think it should have been closer to 180°C. When I baked at 350°F and had the batter divided between three 8 inch pans, they were done in 16 minutes.

• says

I haven’t tried to make this recipe into cupcakes, so I’m not sure. If I were going to do it, I’d inject the lemon curd into the cupcake as a “pocket” of filling, then pile up the frosting on top! I can’t imagine that it would be bad! :)