Lemon Chiffon Cake Recipe

Lemon Chiffon Cake

I absolutely love spring and seeing all the new fresh fruit available!  When I saw the huge lemons in my grocery store last week, I immediately wanted to bake something light and lemony that would remind me spring is just around the corner!

This Lemon Chiffon Layer Cake is a recipe out of a very old cookbook that my grandmother left to me.  The cake is light and airy – with a not-too-sweet whipped cream frosting and filled with creamy delicious Lemon Curd.

I hope you’ll give it a try!

Slice of Lemon Chiffon Cake 2

[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:7]

Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C)

(3) 8″ round ungreased cake pans, lined with parchment

This cake was so light and lemony  – perfect for spring and Easter!

Rose

Rose
I'm Rose and I blog over at Rose Bakes. I'm baker, cake decorator, wife, and homeschooling mommy to 6 wonderful children! My love of cakes started at the age of 13, I started a business in 2009 then my blog was born in 2012! It's how I to share my love of cakes and help others along the way!
Rose
Rose

Comments

1. Ashley says

That frosting is so light! I topped this beauty with candied lemons. I received some pretty awesome reviews. I’m going to try it out as cupcakes this weekend. Thanks for the recipe!

2. Sanjana says

Hi.

I really want to try out this recipe, but instead of three, I want to make 6 layers. Obviously, each layer would be much thinner. So how should I make any temperature/baking time adjustments in that case?

3. Jude says

Made this as a birthday cake, but instead of three 8″ pans, I used two 9″ springforms. This batter is thin, so the pans leaked a bit, and my floor is not quite level, so one of the, turned out a little lopsided :/. All that aside, the cake turned out AMAZING. :) Very simple, very light very fluffy.

Gonna add this one to the recipe book, thanks!

i have made this cake. Yes it sank a bit by the sides of the cake too. But that was not too bad. The texture and taste was great. My customers were pleasantly surprised at how light and tangy this cake was! Many repeat orders! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful cake! :-)

5. Rajah says

I just made a variation of this cake using your cake batter recipe and it turned out amazing!

6. Karen says

Just made these and used buttermilk oops not sure if my switch out did this or not but when I took them out of the oven to cool they separated from the sides of the pan like an inch. I can’t wait to ice them and make some lemon curd. This looks like an amazing cake!

7. Billie says

I had a real issue with this cake sinking down and away from the sides. The cake was definitely cooked (took much longer than 16 minutes in my oven?!) so I have no idea what went wrong. Please help! Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated.

Thanks

8. Christina says

Thank you for the recipe. I was even able to modify and use the LorAnn oil in Champagne flavor to make a WONDERFUL champange cake filled with whipped cream and strawberries. Thanks for the inspiration :)