Mini cupcakes

I made these mini cupcakes the other day, when some of my family was dropping by for a cup of coffee. Chocolate chip cupcakes with chocolate buttercream and sugar sprinkles on top. They tasted really great. I will share the recipe for the delicious chocolate buttercream with you.

Chocolate buttercream:

100 grams soft butter
100 grams chocolate
100 grams icing sugar
4 pasteurize egg yolks (use only pasteurized egg yolks)

Carefully melt the chocolate and stir in the soft butter.
Add the pasteurized egg yolks and sift in the icing sugar and whisk by hand until smooth and no lumps appear.

Perfect for cake filling, crumb coating and cupcake swirls. If you have any questions regarding the recipe please write.

Comments

1. Say says

hi louise, can this BC recipe stand even under the heat of the sun? it is terribly hot here in the philippines and i’ve been looking for an icing recipe that won’t melt in this very warm weather. can you post the recipe that is best for our weather please. you are a heaven sent, i’ve learned so much from your site.

2. sharyn says

Hi Louise, i just tried out the buttercream recipe. but it seems a little runny when i tried to pipe a swirl. Do you chill it in the fridge before using it for piping? Not sure what went wrong.
    Thanks.

3. Anonymous says

It must be sad not being able to use real food products over there. In Australia there is no problem with using raw eggs so go ahead & bake away!

4. Michele W. in Florida says

Hi, Louise,

I just found your blog by accident today. Your cakes are gorgeous!! You have talent. After seeing your cakes, I ordered two books by Karen Davies. I hope to get good at the animal sculpting. I loved the bunnies.

Michele in Florida

5. Anonymous says

These look delicious, I love mini cupcakes! Can I please ask which tip/piping nozzle you used for your swirl?

I guess you could use some more butter insteed of the yolks. I dont think it will ruin it.

I dont know how sensitive people in other countires are about using raw egg products. But here in Denmark the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration strongly advise against eating/using raw eggs there have not been warmed-up to over 75 celsius due to the risk of causing a salmonella infection. There for we use a lot of pasturized egg whites, yolks and so on. I use “normal” eggs when I bake my cakes.

Thank you for your help Heidi.

7. Heidi says

Hi Lousie
    In Australia we aren’t so paranoid about using raw egg, so just use regular egg yolks.
    Heidi

8. Anonymous says

Hi Louise, these look so yummy! I have a question about a substitute for the egg yolks. We don’t get “pasteurized” yolks here in Australia.

Is there a substitute that I could use? Maybe I could add more butter instead?

Thankyou for sharing these gorgeous cakes with us!