Comments

Hi Louise! Thanks for yet another fabulous tutorial. I probably wouldn’t be able to bake at all if it wasn’t for you tuts. Just wanted to ask, I’ve always used a cookie cutter and was wondering how you get such clean edges on your cookies when you cut them by hand? Do you use a special blade? I’ve seen other tutorials where the cookies are done by hand and the edges are very rough. Thanks!!!!

• Louise says

I use a simple small sharp kitchen knife. Also when I cut cookies by hand I make sure that the rolled out dough is very cold. I always cut from one point to another as cutting in one single move can make the dough tearing. I also gently smooth any rough edges 🙂 I hope this helps!

hi, i love this website, so many great ideas… i was wondering louise how i put lolloipop sticks on the cookies? is it after baking or before? and if i do put them in before baking will they not burn?

3. Stephanie says

Hi Louise,
    Thank you so very much for your informative and helpful web site! You show using a squeeze bottle for flooding the RI. I see a metal tip on it. How is it attached on the bottle?

4. Sherry says

Hi Louise,
    First I wanted to say thank you for putting together a website that helps an encourages new bakers like me. I was looking through your site and have noticed a recipe for a shortbread cookie. Have you used this recipe? Is it just as reliable as your standby sugar cookie recipe? Thank you

Loren Ebert: I have used paste colors from a UK brand called sugar Flair. But im sure that you can get the kind of colors from other brands that you can get your hands on.