Cookie templates

Sweet cookie template

If you like, you can download your own copy of the cookie templates, from me to you. They are easy to cut out with a small sharp knife on cold cookie dough.

Note: It is a good idea to transfer the templates to cardboard paper or laminate them so that they last longer.

You can also find decoration ideas in my cookie gallery.

Comments

Hi Louise! Thanks for yet another fabulous tutorial. I probably wouldn’t be able to bake at all if it wasn’t for you tuts. Just wanted to ask, I’ve always used a cookie cutter and was wondering how you get such clean edges on your cookies when you cut them by hand? Do you use a special blade? I’ve seen other tutorials where the cookies are done by hand and the edges are very rough. Thanks!!!!

• Louise says

I use a simple small sharp kitchen knife. Also when I cut cookies by hand I make sure that the rolled out dough is very cold. I always cut from one point to another as cutting in one single move can make the dough tearing. I also gently smooth any rough edges :-) I hope this helps!

hi, i love this website, so many great ideas… i was wondering louise how i put lolloipop sticks on the cookies? is it after baking or before? and if i do put them in before baking will they not burn?

3. Stephanie says

Hi Louise,
    Thank you so very much for your informative and helpful web site! You show using a squeeze bottle for flooding the RI. I see a metal tip on it. How is it attached on the bottle?

4. Sherry says

Hi Louise,
    First I wanted to say thank you for putting together a website that helps an encourages new bakers like me. I was looking through your site and have noticed a recipe for a shortbread cookie. Have you used this recipe? Is it just as reliable as your standby sugar cookie recipe? Thank you

Loren Ebert: I have used paste colors from a UK brand called sugar Flair. But im sure that you can get the kind of colors from other brands that you can get your hands on.