Cupcake fondant moulds

karen-davies-cc5-copy

I was lucky to meet Karen Davies last year at the Scandinavian Cake Show in Sweden where she was demonstrating her new silicone fondant moulds and on my regular browsing through my favourite sugarcraft supply sites, my eyes spotted the new and very sweet cupcake moulds from Karen Davies along with the text:

“Many cake decorators enjoy making and decorating cup cakes – the latest cake fashion. But – when the order comes in for 100 – you realize that’s a lot of baking, icing, and flower making etc. Our new moulds help you by doing several jobs in one go. By using our moulds, you have the decorated cup cake top in one easy action”.

I could not agree more :-) Sometimes it is ok to take the short cut ;-) and here you get both the fondant disc and top decoration all in one go, now that is easy! What I also like is that with small flowers, butterflies, shimmers, glitters, edible pearls ect you can make the cupcakes even more stylish and personal.

karen-davies-cupcakes-copy

I even think that the cupcake moulds could be used as a “quick” decoration on cookie lollys as well. So if you are looking for some sweet and adorable silicone moulds to make cupcake, cookie and cake decoration easy then please take a look at the moulds from Karen Davies.

Happy Caking

Note: The cupcakes on the photos is not made by me but made by Karen Davies Sugarcraft LTD.

Comments

I just came across your blog from The Hungry Housewife and holy moly… this is some serious decorating! You are awesome! Maybe one day I can be 1/4 as good! :)

Pat: Now and then I do mix fondant & gumpaste in the ratio: 60/40 and that works ok. The taste of it depends of course on what brand you use.

Becky: Well that just made me edit the post so that it says fondant moulds ;-) You know http://www.globalsugarart.com stock Karen Davies moulds, I just dont know if they have the new cupcakes one at the moment?

Elaine: There are links to Karen’s website in the post.

3. elaine says

What a wonderful idea! I volunteer to cater school events at cost and these would make 300 cupcakes go so much faster! What si the website?
    I always enjoy reading your blog, it makes my day a little brighter!

4. Becky says

I was clueless about what these were, as in the US, our silicone moulds are for putting the batter in and then baking (which actually scares me. I’d prefer using glass or aluminum).

It wasn’t until I read Karen’s site that I realized the moulds are for the FONDANT decorations! What a fabulous idea!!! Sadly, I have 100 cupcakes due on Saturday and no time to order these. But I will order them for future use. I hope she ships to Texas :)

Thank you, Louise, for all your great ideas!!!

5. Shelia Foster says

Those are small cakes that look just as elegant as a large fancy cake. Simply beautiful!

6. Pat says

Hi… These are so cute. I would love to order some but have a question. It states that fondant/sugarpaste is too soft to use on it’s own. However, fondant and gumpaste doesn’t sound too yummy. What do you recommend Louise? Want it to taste good and be pretty. Pat