Cupcake fondant moulds

karen-davies-cc5-copy

I was lucky to meet Karen Davies last year at the Scandinavian Cake Show in Sweden where she was demonstrating her new silicone fondant moulds and on my regular browsing through my favourite sugarcraft supply sites, my eyes spotted the new and very sweet cupcake moulds from Karen Davies along with the text:

“Many cake decorators enjoy making and decorating cup cakes – the latest cake fashion. But – when the order comes in for 100 – you realize that’s a lot of baking, icing, and flower making etc. Our new moulds help you by doing several jobs in one go. By using our moulds, you have the decorated cup cake top in one easy action”.

I could not agree more :-) Sometimes it is ok to take the short cut ;-) and here you get both the fondant disc and top decoration all in one go, now that is easy! What I also like is that with small flowers, butterflies, shimmers, glitters, edible pearls ect you can make the cupcakes even more stylish and personal.

karen-davies-cupcakes-copy

I even think that the cupcake moulds could be used as a “quick” decoration on cookie lollys as well. So if you are looking for some sweet and adorable silicone moulds to make cupcake, cookie and cake decoration easy then please take a look at the moulds from Karen Davies.

Happy Caking

Note: The cupcakes on the photos is not made by me but made by Karen Davies Sugarcraft LTD.

Comments

Jennifer: You dust the mould with cornstarch, take a piece of rolled fondant, roll it into a ball and flatten it a nit and place it in the mould so that is fit. Very easy!

2. Gabby says

Beautiful! I read your comments before asking if they were in the US and found them at Global Sugar Art. Thanks for posting this!

3. Jennifer says

Hi Louise,

I was just looking at the mold. I’m new to baking so how do you use this. Can you explain..thanks

Danielle Moore: I am pretty sure that you can get them from Global Sugar Art. They do stock Karen Davies other products. You can always send a email to them.

5. Danielle Moore says

THANKS Louise. Can these molds be purchased in the US? So I would like to take a chocolate mold and use gum paste or fondant instead. What do you suggest I do?
    Teddy Bear: I made a mini teddy bear inspired by Louise. It wa cute but not as cute as Louise’s. I really need a tip. I apologize for asking so much.

dpotter: Yep piping fur on the teddy’s is a wrist killer ;-) But I agree they are so super cute.

7. dpotter says

well i did another teddy and used butter cream that had been in the fridge for about 45mins/1hr and it turned out super, a bit hard on the wrist but well worth it, thanks a million for the advise, im delighted as i love these teddys!!!!!

8. dpotter says

thats super louise thanks, im literally just 3 months into this wonderful world of cake decorating so have heaps to learn and your site is amazingly helpful, thank you again….