New funky alphabet & number set from FMM

I bought this new tappit set at The Cake Show in Birmingham. They are made by FMM and makes funky letters and numbers. They are a bit larger than the other alphabet tappit sets (about 1,5″ high). Use them on your cake or just put a single letter or number on your cupcakes and cookies.

When I use the tappit sets I like to roll out my rolled fondant thinly and let it dry slightly. Thats makes it more easy for me to get the fondant out of the tappit set. It always looks good when you paint it with edible lustre dust or blossom tints.

Comments

1. Alison says

Hi, thanks for the tip to let the sugarpaste dry or mix flowerpaste and sugarpaste together, I got a set of these recently and was really disappointed when I couldn’t get the paste out the cutter. I’m new to cake decorating – how do you mix flowerpaste and sugarpaste together?

2. natalie says

hi, I use half flower paste and half sugar paste when I do lettering or frills etc. Its so much firmer and doesnt fall apart or stretch when you try and shape or cut it out.

Della Hamill: The best way to get the letters out is first roll out your paste thinly. Then let it dry for 10-15 mins. Dust your cutter with cornstarch and cut out the letters. Use a pin needle to loosen the letters from the cutter.

4. Della Hamill says

Hi Louise
    I have a set of the script cutters, but am having trouble getting the letters out of the cutters. Do you have any tips or suggestions?
    Thanks
    Della

Hello dear Dawn,

Well what you can do is to simply cut strips of rolled fondant and then stamp out only single letters and numbers. They dont come apart but in whole rows.
    I have two other alphabet & number tappit sets from FMM and in the first one (pink)is there a cutter to cut out strips with. But as these are slightly bigger is it better to just cut the strips your self.

Happy weekend to you too:-)

6. Dawn says

Hi Louise! CUTE letter/number set! Tell me, does the cutter itself come apart into individual letters and numbers, or do you have to stamp the whole row into the fondant and then take the letter or number you want? Any of the letter designs (very blah) I have are from wilton, and this really has peaked my curiosity!

Stay tuned, mail coming your way! Happy Weekend, Dawn