New PME lustre spray

PME have made an edible lustre spray that you can use on cakes, cupcakes, icings, sugar flowers, fondant, chocolate and cookies. It comes in the colors: Pearl, Gold, Bronze, Red, Blue and Green. I have bought a pearl spray myself today and it looks fantastic.

Comments

1. Zoe says

I have just bought some of this glitter spray and the shop also had a mini ‘airgun’ for a couple of pounds which makes the spray more like an airbrush.. less mess and easier to direct smoothly rather than a ‘clumpy’ looking spray.. It just attaches onto the can before spraying. Cant remember what the actual name was but could find out!

Randi: Its kinda like an airbrush, but this spray will cover a larger area than the airbrush. If you want to paint on cakes or use stencils you can use paint brushes, small sponges and so. Make sure that you mix your food gel colors with few drops of clear alcohol. This helps the paint to dry quick without melting the fondant.

3. Randi says

Is lustre spray like an airbrush? I know it has no tip like an airbrush, but if i have stencils can it work as an airbrush almost? I can not afford an airbrush but would love to paint on fondant and I just can’t seem to find any answers :( Do you have any suggestions??

4. kelly cullinane says

Hello Louise,
    Please can you tell me as I have looked everywhere for the answer…I have bought this spray to use on stars that I am going to make from florist paste…Do i have to wait for the paste to dry before spraying or can I cut them out and spray straight away then dry them.
    I would really appreciate you reply.
    Regards,
    Kelly

Rachel: It have been awhile since I last used it. But I recall that you should be able to use it on a 4 tier cake (of course depending on the sizes of the cakes) The only problem is that you have it everywhere so a good thing is to use a box to place the cake in.

6. Rachel says

Let me start off by saying Louise your awesome, I can’t tell you how much I have learned from your page. I look forward to reading it every week. So thank you again you rock.
    What a great idea. Just one question though, how long dose it last? What I mean is how may cakes can you decorate with this product? Thank you so much.

Always inspired,