How to make a cookie lolly

Cookie lolly

I have a thing for cookies, especially cookie lollie’s or cookie pops. They are not difficult to make as long as you know the trick it is so simple that anyone can do it. What’s most important is to use a pair of spacers they can be from a pair of wooden sticks 6mm in hight or get a pair of marzipan spacers from PME. That way you are sure that the cookie stick will fit the cut out cookie.

For the cookie dough many ask me what recipe I use and my favourite is the one that you can find in Peggy Porchens books as it have never failed me. The important thing is to use a recipe that you know works!

Note: This technique can be done with any shape.

This is what I use:
A piece of parchment paper
Marzipan spacers (from PME)
Flour
Non-stick rolling pin
Cookie cutter
Cookie stick
Cookie dough (chilled)

Step 1:
Sprinkle the piece of parchment paper lightly with flour and knead the dough lightly. Roll out the dough between the spacers.
Cookie dough

Step 2:
Take your cookie cutter and cut out the cookie.
Cookie cutter

Step 3:
Now take the cookie stick and place your fingers lightly on the cookie. With a twisting movement back and forth, twist the cookie stick into the cookie.
Cookie stick

Step 4:
Place your hand over the cookie and flip it over by using the parchement paper and lay the cookie on the backside.
Turning cookie

Step 5:
Take a small piece of dough and roll it into a sausage and flatten it. Lay it over where the cookie stick is. again use the parchment paper to flip the cookie and transfer it to the baking sheet with parchment paper.
sealing the cookie stick

Step 6:
This is how the cookie looks after baking.
Baked cookie

Comments

1. loli says

i was just wondering is it safe to bake with pop sticks , don’t they melt ? is there a specific brand .

thanks for sharing

• Marlo says

I made cookie that were 1/4″ and 3/8″ thick according to the tutorial about. My problem is that the stick actually slides out totally from the cookie. How can do I fix this to make sure they stay on the stick?

2. gihan says

Hi Louis, as usual i need your help and guidance, i want to make cookie lollipops, can i make it with the same recipe of vanilla sugar cookies, would it work out if i follow the same steps that you mention for lollipop cookies? i mean is the difference in the technique and not in the recipe? Thanks Louise, no where else to go but you! Gigi :)

3. Rita says

Hi Louise,

I really luv your site. Cake pops are a hit these days where I am now. WOuld really love to see tutorials on cake pops on your site.

Hi! this is super helpful btw :) my friend brought one to school and it gave me inspiration.  I have one question though: would wooden kabob sticks work? i have a thing where i dont have money or transportation to get these sticks and i only have to kabob sticks. thanks!

5. georgina says

Hi Louise,
    i have just recently started to follow your blog/tutorials,  and I must admit they are the BEST! thank you so much.So far everything came out perfect, so tomorrow I’ll try the cookie lollipops.

6. Ldesmond says

Hi Louise,
    I made these iced them with royal icing and hundred and thousands for Valentines Day. I will send photo .Gave them to my Nephew to sell in his coffee shop 12 sold out .Thank you I love all your ideas great website .Leanne