How to make a ribbon rose in 40 sec.

Here is a video tutorial on how to make a ribbon rose. As you can see CakeJournal is now on youtube. I am just testing this so please abstract for the poor picture and sound quality :-) I would though really love your feedback. Is this something you would like to see more of?

Please visit my tutorial section if you want to learn techniques on how to make other types of gum paste flowers.

Comments

1. Cindi says

I would love to see how you make a magnolia. I have seen so many variations of this flower. I am always looking to learn new things,new angles from other artists. Thanks.

2. Marcella Lee says

Hey Louise,

I really liked video it helps to see you do it, but I still like to have it where I can print it, so I can go back to it in my file . I’m very new to this, all the information I can get is great. Thanks for your help it means alot!!!!!

3. Emma says

Hi Louise,
    Great tutorial! I love these little roses! However, mine seem to get a little cracked on top, where it’s been rolled – do you know why this might happen?

4. Bridget says

Thanks so much–for all of the information you share! I had wondered, too, what you used (straight fondant or gumpaste), so a little info in the sidebar would be useful.

5. Stephanie says

I know this was posted a “little” while ago but it’s great! Now I’m going to have to make a run to the store for more supplies! LOL

payal: I guess that you could only marzipan is not flexible so it can be hard to make it nicely.