Have a craving for some banana cupcakes? Here is a simple recipe that you can make under an hour.
- 6oz sugar
- 4oz + 1 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 large mashed ripe bananas
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 Tbsp boiling milk
- 1 tsp baking power
- 8oz flour
- Cream butter & sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Mix in mashed bananas.
- Add baking soda that has been dissolved in hot milk.
- Lastly mix in sifted flour & baking powder. Dont overbeat the batter.
- For a cake bake it in a 20cm (8?) round pan on 170 C (325 F) for about 45 mins.
- This mixture will produce around 18 standard size cupcakes and they are baked at 170 C (325 F) for approx 18-25 mins. You want them to be light golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
They are even better the next day.