The wedding cake

I was busy last week with the preperation of this beautiful wedding cake. I made this wedding cake as a favour for a sweet friend of mine. The original design is from danish: KageKompagniet. I started making the gum paste flowers and leaves. I made lots of 5-petals, petunias and small blossoms i various sizes. The colors was from white to three different shades of peach.

I used my favourite silicon veiner for the sugar flowers. I dusted the flowers with peach and cream lustre dust and I gave the leaves some green petal dust dissovled in clear alcohol so they got a bit shiny.

Then it was time to bake the three chocolate cakes. I must say that my new oven is now officially tested :-) We had a wonderful smell of chocolate in the house the rest of the day.

The next day when the cakes was cold and ready to level the fun started. Since I got my wonderful Agbay Cake Leveler it has been a joy to level my cakes. Before I knew it all three cakes was torted and ready to be filled.

I filled the cakes with raspberry and chocolate mouse and crumb coated them with vanilla buttercream. The cakes was covered with white rolled fondant and piped snail trails in royal icing. I stacked two of the cakes and used Wiltons plastic dowels for extra support. The small tier was placed on white cake pillars aslo from Wilton.

Then the only thing left was to attache the sugar flowers and leaves with royal icing. I must say that I was very satisfied with the cake and so was the happy couple :-)

Comments

1. Mari CCS says

Hi Louise!
    Everyone has said it! Your cake looks lovely, delicate and delicious.
    How do you do the chocolate filling? For how long does it last at room temperature? Thanks A lot for sharing your ideas and creations!

Thank you all so much for all the lovely comments :-) about the wedding and the website. It really means alot to me to read and see that people love what I do and share.

Hugs

Hi Louise! Beautiful flowers! I always appreciate th elinks you give as to where to purchase the tools you use! Thanks so much! I must get that cake leveler!! I use my hand a sharp knife and my eye to level at home. haha! I think the leveler will my make my life easier. Thanks for the tip! Hugs!

4. kizzy says

Hi,
    Really beautiful cake. I love your ideas & tips you share online. I am thinking of starting my own cake bussiness. So your web & links are great. Thanks for sharing it with us all. GREAT JOB!

I’ve been lurking in the background, always checking your blog for news.
    You are such an inspiration and this wedding cake is so elegant and it just takes my breath away.

6. wai fong says

Hi,

Your creations are all so heavenly! Really prompt me to start practising using the tips and tutorial that you share online.

7. gaby says

Hi Louise! WOW that cake looks a m a z i n g! ur friend is very lucky to have you as a friend heheh :D
    keep it up!