The wedding cake

I was busy last week with the preperation of this beautiful wedding cake. I made this wedding cake as a favour for a sweet friend of mine. The original design is from danish: KageKompagniet. I started making the gum paste flowers and leaves. I made lots of 5-petals, petunias and small blossoms i various sizes. The colors was from white to three different shades of peach.

I used my favourite silicon veiner for the sugar flowers. I dusted the flowers with peach and cream lustre dust and I gave the leaves some green petal dust dissovled in clear alcohol so they got a bit shiny.

Then it was time to bake the three chocolate cakes. I must say that my new oven is now officially tested :-) We had a wonderful smell of chocolate in the house the rest of the day.

The next day when the cakes was cold and ready to level the fun started. Since I got my wonderful Agbay Cake Leveler it has been a joy to level my cakes. Before I knew it all three cakes was torted and ready to be filled.

I filled the cakes with raspberry and chocolate mouse and crumb coated them with vanilla buttercream. The cakes was covered with white rolled fondant and piped snail trails in royal icing. I stacked two of the cakes and used Wiltons plastic dowels for extra support. The small tier was placed on white cake pillars aslo from Wilton.

Then the only thing left was to attache the sugar flowers and leaves with royal icing. I must say that I was very satisfied with the cake and so was the happy couple :-)

Comments

1. marielba says

Hi Louise:
    You did a great work with this beautiful and delicious cake, Congratulations, grretings from venezuela.

jopalis: I dont think it is a problem to seperate cakes when they are covered with rolled fondant. Maybe with BC cakes?? I havent tried that yet.

I buy my stabilizers from a shop only for people in the food buisiness.

lisa: I use either ready made or MMF for my cakes.

Thank you all.

3. lisa says

what a beautifully made cake! I look forward to the day when I can make them as beautiful as you do.
    Do you make your own fondant, and do you buy it already made?

4. jopalis says

it is very lovely…. what are the stabilizers and where do you get them? Do you have recipes for fillings like that on your site? I love this site!!

5. jopalis says

How do you avoid messing up the lower tier when you remove the top one? Maybe it is easier with fondant but other icings just come off and cake looks nasty to serve….. Thanks.

Mari: when ever I make a filling that containg whipped cream, lots of danish cake fillings do so. I always use a stabilizer powder for whipped cream simply because it is important to me that the filling dont spoil the cake so it collapse.

I use different stabilizers like raspberry, strawberry, chocolate, neutral and I always put in more of all the goodies like more fruit, chocolate ect. when a filling contains cream is is always more fragile than a buttercream filling or a cooked ganache. So depending on the weather and humidity I would not let a cake with cream stay out more than max. three hours. My cakes never last that long though….;-)