Many of you asked me about a nice chocolate frosting that goes perfect with banana cupcakes. I like the chocolate fudge frosting from the 125 best Cupcake recipes but that one can be a little to strong because of the cocoa powder especially if you are using a really nice dark cocoa.
Of course you can cut down the amount of cocoa or simply just use a more lighter cocoa powder for that recipe or you can try out my chocolate frosting?
(makes 14 oz. (400 gram) frosting)
What I like with my recipe is that it is not strong in taste and not too buttery either, but it has just the right amount of sweetness with a twist of vanilla.
- 5 oz. (150 gram) unsalted soft butter
- 7 oz. (200 gram) confectioners sugar
- 1 oz. (30 gram) cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp milk lukewarm (start out with only 1 tbsp and see/taste if it need the last tbsp of milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream butter and sift in the confectioners sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add the milk and vanilla. Mix untill well incorporated.
TIP: If the frosting look a bit curdled try add a bit more confectioners sugar
Please visit my recipe section if you want recipes for other frostings and icings.