Ballet cookies

Having a daughter who loves ballet, I just had to make these pretty ballet cookies for her. They are made with my own (paper) templates, so no cookie cutters used. I used a little Brush embroidery on the Tutu, to get the “look” like layers of tulle. I think that it worked out very good. Both cookies are decorated with royal icing.

The pretty little pink ballet shoe or point shoe if you like? Would also be charming to use as edible place cards for a pretty pink ballet party. The shiny pink satin ribbon just finish off the shoe.

I made three of each kind and I used the rest of the ballet cookies, as a little gift for my daughters ballet teacher and her assistant at the end of season dance yesterday.

Comments

1. Lori says

These ballet slippers are adorable! I would love to make them for my daughter’s ballet themed party, would I be able to get the template for them?

2. Jo says

Oh my gosh.. I wish I had a mom like you when I was a little girl. Would be great if you made a tutorial for this actually.

3. Cheryl says

These are beautiful ballet slippers. My granddaughter will be in the Nutcracker & they are looking for a special cookie for the cast members. I think we found our cookie.. Will have to download the template… Thank you for your beautiful work & ideas…

4. Tracey says

Hi Louise,

Your biscuits are beautiful! I made the butterfly ones for our school fete and everyone loved them.

I now want to attempt these gorgeous ballet ones. Just a couple of questions. When you pip the RI on do you do this by hand? It look like on the dress you have used a template but I am sure you have done this by hand. do you have any tips for a newbie working with RI? I was also wondering if you had a recipe for buttercream? I am going to make some of your gorgeous cupcakes. You are my inspiration! thankyou!

5. Ky says

Your work is so beautiful the cookies are amazing. Look forward to the tutorial and templates I know my dear little granddaughter would love them.

gnee: Thank you :-)

Jennifer: It my own templates. I am planing a tutorial with templates too. But it will not be avalible untill a couple of weeks. Making tutorials takes time ;-)

7. Jennifer says

I love these cookies.. My Lil girl does dancing and was wondering what type of cookie cutter you used and where did you get them? They look so amazing!