Baking season is upon us. And that means it’s time to make sure our kitchens are full of stocks. If you’re new to baking, have a new home, or only recently started living on your own, you will want to invest in a few basic, but critical, baking tools.
The Top 10 Baking Tools Every Kitchen Needs
Whether you’re making your first batch of raspberry puree for a birthday cake filled with gooey goodness, or you’re going after one of the most difficult desserts to make, a chocolate soufflé, you’re going to need some awesome baking tools.
Here are the top 10 tools, that in our opinion, will make your baking efforts a lot easier.
Tool #1 — Food Rasps and Graters
- COMFORTABLE TO USE & BUILT TO LAST The Grater-Zester has a razor-sharp stainless steel blade that won't rust and a...
- SAVE SPACE IN THE KITCHEN Replace your bulky, unsafe, and hard-to-clean box grater or heavy electric food processor with...
- IMPROVE YOUR COOKING Amaze your friends with new, restaurant-like recipes. Add strong new flavours with freshly zested...
Rasps are for grating foods, like cheese, nutmeg, lemon, or orange peel. They come in a variety of styles with grating surfaces perfect for anything as fine as spices, like nutmeg, up to hefty shreds of cheese used to top your salads. Be sure to get a few different sizes and make sure you prepare.
Tool #2 — Cookie Spatula
- Spatula is the ideal size for lifting cookies from cookie sheet
- Made of silicone bonded to flexible stainless steel
- Rounded corners for scraping sticky dough out of spoons
If you think all spatulas are equal, unfortunately, you are incorrect. Some spatulas leave behind large chunks of your baked goods on the pan. Finding the right cookie spatula is important for presenting the perfect cookies for your holiday guests.
Look for spatulas that are firm, and smaller in size. This will make it easier to get cookies out of tight spaces. If you’ve ever had cookies bleed into each other, you know the value of that feature.
Tool #3 — Wooden Reamer
- Made of solid beech wood
- Great for juicing citrus fruits
- Large, comfortable grip
If you ever use natural juices in your baking, you’re going to want a wooden reamer. This handy little tool is perfect for quickly getting juices from any fruit like an orange, lime, or tomato. Be sure to pair this tool with a sieve for catching the pulp of the fruit.
Tool #4 — Whisk
- Strong & Durable: Our kitchen wisks set is made of high quality durable stainless steel and highly-polished processing...
- Easy to Clean & Storage: Our whisks for cooking can be washed by dishwasher! The stainless steel ends allow for easy...
- Multifunctional: Our wisks for cooking makes cooking much easier and more enjoyable. Try the largest wire whisk for big...
It is essential to look for a whisk at some point in your baking career. Whether it’s whipping egg whites into foamy peaks for your meringue, or whipping together butter and sugar for one stage of your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, a whisk is a must-have tool for your baking corner.
Tool #5—Hand Mixer
- Mix with ease: With 6 speeds, including the quickest button, you can adjust this kitchen mixer to accommodate any baking...
- Easy to handle: With 250 watts of peak power hand mixer.
- Bowl rest feature: A built-in groove lets you rest the hand mixer over the bowl, so drips go where they belong and not...
Not to be outdone by the manual model, a hand mixer will make baking a lot easier, without taking up the space of a full-on heavy stand mixer, like the famous Kitchen Aid. Don’t get us wrong, stand mixers are awesome, but a hand mixer is often more convenient for whipping up a quick batch of cookies or a pan of brownies.
Tool #6 — Food Scale
- THE RIGHT CHOICE: You’ve found an inexpensive everyday food scale without compromise.
- THE FEATURES YOU NEED: 1g resolution, 11lb capacity, easy to read. See Product Description for more.
- BACKED BY REAL SUPPORT: The friendly team at our St. Louis headquarters is here for whatever you need.
This may not seem like a necessity, but a food scale will definitely make your baking easier. International recipes often list weights in grams instead of cups or teaspoons. A food scale will make that precise baking possible for difficult recipes.
Tool #7 — Sifter
- 3 fine mesh strainers set of the sizes: 3 3/8", 5 1/2", and 7 7/8" strainer. Get these ultimate wire sift sieves to...
- High-Quality stainless-steel fine wire that will not rust or corrode. Easy cleaning. Dishwasher safe and can handle...
- Black insulate non-slip handles let you easily strain hot liquids and foods without burning your hand or fingers. The...
One of the most critical items needed for successful baking is a good sifter. You’ll often need this hand-held manual tool to sift flour, or sift together items like sugar and flour, to create the right texture for the dry goods in your recipes. Make sure the metal for your sifter is rust-resistant, or you’ll have to replace it sooner than you’d like.
Tool #8 — Cooling Racks
- Heavy duty cooling rack with strong wire grid, small holes, smooth no-snag edges, and a full 1 inch height resulting in...
- Food-safe, professional grade 304 (18/8) stainless steel for an easy clean up; unlike other cheap racks made of iron...
- Safe for oven-use for up to 575 degrees Fahrenheit; Ultra Cuisine's cooling rack is designed for oven use; confidently...
There are a lot of baked goods that need to be cooled on racks. Cookies, for example, need to remove from the hot baking pans and place on racks to maintain their shape but don’t overcook. There’s nothing worse than a beautifully golden cookie that turns out blackened on the bottom from mild burning.
Tool #9—Nitrogen Whipped Cream Dispenser
- Upgraded Design - Serve Custom-Crafted Treats With No Preservatives - with this 1-pint artisanal cream whipper. Home...
- Safety First - Durable All-Aluminum Canister And Head with silicone grip and reinforced threads is durable and...
- Easy-Care Design allows you to simply rinse out the container and use the included cleaning brush to clean the intricate...
Okay, this one isn’t mandatory, but it sure does add a lot of fun for recipes. A lot of Eastern European recipes call for whipped cream, and a lot of us love adding whipped cream to everything sweet. If you use a nitrogen-powered whipped cream dispenser, you’ll have instant, cold whipped cream at the ready.
Bonus, if you are a coffee lover, you can use your whipped cream dispenser to make Nitro Coffee at home, too.
Tool #10 — Rolling Pin
- Durable: The Farberware wood rolling pin is made from durable, moisture resistant hardwood
- Comfort grip: The rolling pin features comfortable, easy grip handles for added comfort and control
- Smooth rolling: The wood rolling pin boasts rust proof nylon bearings for smooth rolling action
If you ever plan to make sugar cookies, certain kinds of bread, or pie crusts, you’re going to need a rolling pin. They can be all wood, like in the old days, but you can also get marble, glass, or stainless steel rolling pins. Each has its own benefits.
Complete Your Kitchen with the Best Baking Tools
You’ll need these 10 tools as listed, but you’ll also need the other basics if you don’t already have them.
Make sure you have a few sets of measuring cups, measuring spoons, cookie cloths, cookie sheets, glass cake pans, pie pans, bread pans, and, of course, a pizza sheet. Not all baking is desserts, after all.
Last update on 2021-01-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API