This filling is one of my most requested for cakes and cupcakes. It’s also a recipe that I’ve been promising to post for ages and I just always forget to snap some good pics! So I finally made it, I measured all of my ingredients (I don’t always measure everything), I taste tested (of course) and now I’m sharing!
If you love cookies and cream, you’re going to love this. I’ve used it to fill both chocolate and vanilla cakes or cupcakes and both are wonderful. I like to pair it with cream cheese frosting, but vanilla or chocolate work well too!
If you love cookies and cream, you’re going to love this.
I’ve used it to fill both chocolate and vanilla cakes or cupcakes and both are wonderful.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature (takes about 2 hours to reach room temp)
- 4 oz. salted butter, at room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 12 crushed Double Stuf Oreos (I do mine in a food processor), or any chocolate sandwich cookie will work!
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream, as needed
- Cream together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix in the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Fold in the crushed cookies.
- Use immediately to fill cakes or cupcakes or refrigerate until ready to use. If you refrigerate it, it will thicken. Use 1-2 tablespoons of heavy cream to thin it again to a good consistency for filling!
Cakes and cupcake that are filled with Oreo Cookies & Cream filling should be refrigerated until time to serve!