Buttercream frosting is the best addition to any treat!
Buttercream frosting goes so well with so many desserts! Add buttercream to cookies, cakes, cupcakes, brownies, etc! The possibilities are endless!
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
A classic recipe that goes with many different desserts!
Image Source: wineandglue.com
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
5 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup milk
1. Beat the butter until fluffy.
2. Add in powdered sugar gradually, one cup at a time.
3. Add in vanilla and milk, and combine till fluffy and frosting-like.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
This delicious recipe can be spread atop flavored cakes like vanilla, chocolate, peanut butter, and even strawberry! (This is my personal favorite type of buttercream frosting!)
Image Source: cupcakesgarden.com
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
3 to 4 tablespoons milk
1. Beat together powdered sugar and butter. Stir in the vanilla and chocolate.
2. Gradually beat in milk until frosting is smooth and able to be spread on easily. If frosting becomes thin, beat in small amount of powdered sugar until the texture is just right.
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
Perfect for frosting cupcakes or cakes or other baked goods!
Image Source: addapinch.com
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 1/2 – 4 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
4 tablespoons strawberry syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons hald and half, heavy cream or whole milk
pinch of salt
1. Cream together the butter and confectioner’s sugar, adding the sugar 1/2 cup at a time.
2. Add the strawberry syrup 1 tablespoon at a time, then add the vanilla and beat the mixture on high for 20 seconds to lighten the frosting.
3. Add the half and half one tablespoon at a time and then add a pinch of salt and whip for about 20 seconds.
Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting
This buttercream frosting would go great on chocolate cake or brownies! Yum!
Image Source: allrecipes.com
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons milk
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1. Beat butter and peanut butter together with an electric mixer. Gradually mix in sugar.
2. When the frosting gets thick incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time. The frosting should be thick but spreadable.
Caramel Buttercream Icing
Super rich icing swirled with delicious caramel flavor.
Image Source: tastespotting.com
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup solid vegetable shortening
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
1. Cream together shortening and butter. Add ice cream topping and vanilla.
2. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time.
3. Add milk and beat together.
Lemon Buttercream Frosting
A zesty buttercream frosting for some tangy desserts!
Image Source: thekitchenmagpie.com
1 cup salted butter
4 cups of icing sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons cream
1. Whip the butter until fluffy.
2. Beat in the sugar. Then add the two tablespoons of lemon zest.
3. Add the lemon juice and cream and beat until light and fluffy.
These frosting recipes are truly the icing on top of any delicious treat! Buttercream, in my humble baking opinion, can take a pretty scrumptious treat to the next level! So, frost your hearts out! Enjoy the frosting on your cake and happy baking!