Who doesn’t love a soft, light, not too sweet, whipped cream frosting that is just sweet enough to entice you to eat a second piece of cake? This whipped cream frosting is just that. Enjoy!
- 3 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pour whipping cream in to stand mixer. Add sugar and vanilla.
- Beat on high for 5 minutes. Half way through scrape down the sides of the bowl and then continue to whip on high. Note: You may want to cover your stand mixer with a towel or large cloth so that the cream doesn't fly out of the bowl for you. Once the cream turns into whipping cream you can remove the draped towel.
- After whipping for 5 minutes, check to see if the whipping cream is firm enough for your project. I like to scoop some whipping cream on to a spoon and hold it upside down. It should stay in place and not fall off the spoon.
Prep time: 10 minuites
This recipe will fill and cover two 9 inch round cakes. Keep whipped cream frosting refrigerated when not in use. If after taking out of the fridge it has softened up, you may have to re-whip it for a few minutes.