One of Wiltons lately new invensions that I really love, are their fantastic Fondant Imprint Mats. Flexible 20×20″ (50x50cm) mats that makes gorgeous imprints on your rolled fondant in four designs: Graceful Vines, Floral Fantasy, Happy Birthday and Star Power.
They are so easy to use:
1. Roll out the fondant on a lightly cornstarch dusted surface about 1/8″ thick (3mm). Try not to dust the top of the fondant, as the mat release itself quite easy without tearing.
2. Place your fondant imprint mat on top.
3. Take a large rolling pin and start with a firm preassure to roll the pin over the mat and fondant.
4. If you want to cover a cake, transfer both mat and fondant and carefully peel off the mat. Remember to gently smooth the fondant on the cake with your hands, so that you dont ruin the imprint.
5. If you want to decorate cookies or cupcakes? Peel off the mat carefully and now cut out the desired shapes with your cutters.
6. You can of course also make bows and ribbons using the fondant imprints mats.
If you like, you can paint the imprints with food colors or lustre dust to make more effects on your cakes, cookies and cupcakes.