For a gooey, sweet, delicious dessert – lava cake is the best. We’ve collected together our favorite versions of this delightful, decadent dessert just for you and your family.
1. Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
This basic lava cake from Better and Homes and Gardens will do the trick.
What You Need to Make Molten Chocolate Lava Cake:
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease six 8 to 10 ounces ramekins, custard cups, or soufflé dishes.
- Put the ramekins or cups into a baking pan, and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine 3/4 cup butter, and the chocolate. Cook on low heat, stirring all the while, until the chocolate melts. Remove the pan from the stove, and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, and granulated sugar with a mixer on high speed for 9 or 10 minutes, or until the mix is thick and yellow.
- Fold about 1/3 of the chocolate mixture into the wet mixture. Once that is fully blended in, add in the rest of the chocolate mix and the flour mix now, and mix together until completely blended.
- Put about 2/3 cup of batter in each ramekin.
- Bake the cakes for about 12 minutes, or until the edges of the cake are firm.
- Cool the cakes in the ramekins on a cooling rack for two to three minutes.
- With a knife, loosen the cakes from the ramekin sides, and then flip each ramekin onto your dessert plates.
- Powder with a blend of powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
- Serve right away, while they’re still hot and gooey.
- For something extra decadent, you can add some of your favorite ice creams.
[amazon fields=”B07KQSS5BM” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_align=”center”][amazon fields=”B07KQSS5BM” value=”button”]
2. Gluten-Free Lava Cake
For those who need a gluten-free recipe that won’t taste like cardboard, try this lava cake from King Arthur Flour.
What You Need to Make the Gluten-Free Lava Cake:
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons King Arthur Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/8 cup Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 6 Belcolade bittersweet disks, optional
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease three silicone baking cups or ramekins.
- Combine the cake mix, cocoa, confectioner’s sugar, and espresso powder, and stir until completely blended.
- Now, add the water and melted butter and stir gently.
- Next, stir in the egg until it’s just blended. Don’t over-mix.
- Divide the batter into the three cups.
- If you’re using the basking discs, now is the time to place these discs into the center of the batter in each cup.
- Bake the cakes for approximately 14 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the cakes gets to about 160 degrees Fahrenheit. A small center of the cake should appear and feel underdone and jiggly when they’re taken from the oven.
- Immediately use a small knife to loosen the cakes from the sides of the ramekins or pans.
- Let the cakes cool for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the cakes out onto dessert plates, and serve immediately with chocolate sauce or fruit puree.
[amazon fields=”B07BF2MVW3″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_align=”center”][amazon fields=”B07BF2MVW3″ value=”button”]
3. Chocolate Hazelnut Lava Cake
If you love Nutella or hazelnuts, you’ll love this chocolate hazelnut lava cake from the Food Network.
What You Need to Make the Chocolate Hazelnut Lava Cake:
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of hazelnut extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of hazelnut liqueur
- Cooking spray
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate shavings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease 8 ramekins or custard cups with the cooking spray, and place them on a baking sheet.
- In a large glass bowl, resting over a pan of hot water, heat the butter and chocolate until the butter is melted.
- Stir the chocolate mix with a wire whisk until the chocolate completely melts.
- Now, add in the sugar, until the whole mix is well blended.
- Next, blend in the eggs, one at a time, making sure that the eggs don’t cook.
- Now, stir in the flour and hazelnut extract.
- Divide the batter evenly among the eight cups or ramekins, filling each one 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake the cakes for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the sides are firm, but the centers are still soft.
- Let’s stand for one minute.
- Invert the cakes onto dessert dishes or bowls, and top with the hazelnut liqueur and a spoonful of Nutella on each delicious cake.
- Serve right away with a dollop of your favorite ice cream and shaved chocolate as the toppers.
[amazon fields=”B01M7RQJ3F” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_align=”center”][amazon fields=”B01M7RQJ3F” value=”button”]
Hot, Gooey, Edible Lava for All
These simple, easy-to-make gooey desserts should satisfy any chocolate cravings you’ve got.
You can also try out an awesome Churro Lava Cake from Popsugar, or look on AllRecipes for some other variations on this delectable dessert.
[amazon box=”B01IT179W8,B078PGS2LP,B071L84KCQ” grid=”3″]
Leave a Reply