If you love strawberries as much as we do, you’ll need to check out these variations of strawberry frosting for your next baking project.
Betty Crocker’s Strawberry Frosting
This simple, sweet, and delicious strawberry frosting is great for any basic cake or cupcake you need a little strawberry frosting for.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1Cut strawberries into thin slices.
- 2Finely chop the strawberry slices until you equal a half cup of finely chopped, packed strawberries.
- 3Beat the butter on low speed for about 30 seconds. Then, beat it on high until the butter becomes fluffy.
- 4Add in the chopped strawberries and powdered sugar. Beat on low speed until everything is incorporated together.
- 5Next, crank the speed up to medium, and beat all of it until it’s fluffy.
- 6Spread and enjoy.
Freeze Dried Strawberries Frosting
This amazing recipe comes from Sally’s Baking Addiction, and looks like one of the most amazing ones out there.
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- salt, to taste
- 1Put the freeze dried strawberries into a blender or food processor, and chop until they are just a crumbly powder. You should have about a 1/2 cup when you’re done. Set this aside.
- 2In a separate bowl, or in your stand mixer’s bowl, using a whisk attachment for your mixer, beat the butter on medium to medium-high speed, until the butter is creamy. This should take about two minutes.
- 3Next, add in the confectioner’s sugar, cream, vanilla, and strawberry powder. Beat this mixture on low speed for about 30 seconds.
- 4Now, switch to high speed, and beat the frosting for about two minutes.
- 5Taste the frosting. If it’s too sweet, add in a pinch of salt.
- 6Use to frost any cake, cupcake, cookie, or strawberry cake truffle you like.
- 7Cover and store any leftover frosting for up to five days in the fridge.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
Here’s another great strawberry frosting recipe from Betty Crocker. This one promises to be even richer and creamier.
- 1 8 ounce package softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed strawberries, well drained
- 1In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese until fluffy and smooth.
- 2Next, beat in the mashed strawberries, until it’s all well blended.
- 3Finally, add in the powdered sugar, and beat on low until smooth and spreadable.
- 4Frost cupcakes or cookies with this delectably rich icing and enjoy.
Strawberries ‘N Cream Frosting
Coming from Delish, this may be the richest, most decadent strawberry frosting of all. We’d say this one is perfect for a straight up vanilla cupcake, or if you’re thinking something a little more tart, try it with a key lime cake, or pink lemonade cake.
- 1 cup chopped ripe strawberries
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Red or pink food coloring (optional)
- 1Put the strawberries into a blender, and blend until you have a smooth puree. This should take about a minute.
- 2Fit your stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
- 3Put the cream cheese into the bowl for the stand mixer, and beat until smooth.
- 4Add powdered sugar and vanilla to the cream cheese, and beat on low. Slowly increase the speed up to high speed, until the mixture is smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- 5Add the heavy cream and strawberry puree to the bowl, and beat until stiff peaks form, and the frosting is thick. This will take about four minutes.
- 6If you would like to add food coloring, add it at this time and beat the frosting until the color is thoroughly incorporated into the icing.
- 7Ice your cake or cupcakes, and enjoy.
Our Favorite Ways to Use Strawberry Frosting
Some of best uses for strawberry frosting include these ideas:
- Key lime cake topped with strawberry frosting and garnished with lime slices
- Strawberry lemonade cookies, frosted with buttercream strawberry frosting
- Chocolate cake with strawberry frosting, garnished with chocolate shreds, and chocolate dipped strawberries
- Classic strawberry cupcakes, iced with strawberry frosting, and garnished with fresh slices of strawberry
- Banana cake iced with strawberry frosting, garnished with bananas and strawberries
- Rich vanilla milkshakes, flavored with strawberry frosting and strawberry puree for an extra sweet fix
- Coconut cupcakes, iced with strawberry frosting, garnished with shredded coconut and a single fresh strawberry
- Vanilla donut holes frosted with strawberry frosting and rolled in red sprinkles
- Vanilla cake pops dipped in strawberry frosting, drizzled with white chocolate
Strawberries, Strawberries Everywhere
Whether you’re baking a cake, making donuts, or just icing some cookies, strawberry icing can help take your dessert from ordinary to amazing.
Last update on 2021-04-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API