Easter egg mini cakes

I was in the kitchen yesterday and made these mini egg cakes. I used the mini egg cake pan from Wilton. Inside is my favourite vanilla cake and I have used this petit four icing to coat them with.

I decorated them very simple with only a royal icing scroll, some piped leaves and a little yellow flower. Sweet and simple but also a bit time consuming.

I wish you all a Happy Easter!

Comments

1. VTN says

So lovely! I love it, love all your works
    And love all the inspirations & talents  that you’ve shared.
    Thankssssssss

2. Annabelle says

Dear Louise,
    I absolutely love this idea for Easter but I’m confused about your “favorite vanilla cake” being one that calls for 1t. vanilla.
    I love, love, love, the Lamingtons I made last week and think that very stiff dough was delicious. But, is that really your favorite vanilla cake?

Pauline – Philippines: I think that it may have something to do with the frosting. How does it work with rolled fondant decorations?

4. Pauline - Philippines says

These are really beautiful. I was just wondering. I live in a very hot and humid area so I have to place all my baked goods in the fridge. I tried decorating with royal icing on top of my cream cheese frosting and the colors bled into one another, do you have any tips on this? thanks. 🙂

5. Sherene Venter - South Africa says

Hi Louise. Your little Easter mini cakes are simply adorable – stylish and delicate! Thanks for your wonderful tutorials!

6. Christina D. says

The bakery I work for makes a couple of thousand of these for Easter (except with pound cake). You are correct, these are very time consuming.

Let’s just say that out of ALL the holidays in the year, Easter is my LEAST favorite due to these babies!

Patricia: Well the tricky part with the icing is that it is best in the beginning then it get more and more difficult to work with 🙁

Bridget: You can find more info & tutorial on the flower here: http://www.cakejournal.com/archives/how-to-make-a-sugar-flower

Kimberly Schmiedendorf: I have found out that the best way is to get the icing in the right consistency and use a big spoon to pour in circles the icing over. Make sure that you place it on a wire rack with a tray under for the “leftover” icing. There is a great video on MS.

Alice Schrag: try this: http://www.joyofbaking.com/Lamingtons.html

Keira: Its from Wilton, so all cake supply shops should have it.

8. Alice Schrag says

I would like the white cake favorite recipe.
    I somehow couldn’t pull it up on this email.
    Alice

9. Jill says

Happy Easter to you and your family Louise! and once again, such beautiful work! i LOVE THEM!

Jill, Cape Town

10. Bea @ CancunCookies says

So elegant and delicate… They are perfect for many occasions!! Happy Easter, Louise!

11. Bridget says

They’re beautiful–and, as usual, you amaze me! I have to ask where you got the flower from? Was it pre-made?

12. Patricia says

Louise, these are so adorable and your poured icing is impeccable! I can never get it that smooth :o(
    I can picture these on display in an expensive European bakery shop. Happy Easter to you and your loved ones.

13. Cooksmart says

These are so beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I love everything you make, and so appreciate the tutorials and recipes.