Gingerbread cookie Christmas tree

I finally had some time to take a photo of my gingerbread cookie Christmas tree. 21 cookie stars decorated with lots of soft green royal icing, light golden sugar dragees and a gold painted star on top.

I think that I will make a whole forest of cookie trees in different sizes next year. I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and I do know that I did write about a gingerbread house tutorial in a previous post but I ran out of time. Im so sorry!

Comments

1. Kannadew says

Love this! I just attempted a trial run before making them for Christmas presents… and I ran out of Icing half way up the tree! I was wondering how much Icing you used for the whole tree and did you ice the whole star prior to putting on the next star or did you only ice the actual points of the star, with a blob of icing in the middle to join? Thanks so much!

2. LUZ says

It’s so pretty, but i have a question after put the icing in each cookie i have to let them dry to put one over the another one…thank you.

Alessandra: Because I used a lot of icing of all tips of the stars im not sure that you could take them off one by one. To do that each star should have been iced and dried before assembling with a big dot of icing in the middel. Again im not sure that you would get the same look like this one I did.

Andrea Saunders: I used wilton star tip no. 32

Emma: Soft royal icing is simply just regular RI thinned with drops of water to soft consistency.

Neni: I have used the Christmas tree cookie set from wilton 10 nesting star cutters. Click on the “wilton” in the post.

4. Charlotte says

Love it!! Louise, please post a tut of this! I soo would love to do this next year with a bunch of young kids at our club! Please post a tut!! Thanks for so much inspiration!

5. Charmaine says

Merry Christmas….

Love the way you did your Christmas tree…better than Wilton’s photo – a good idea for next year though!

Adorable! I love the soft green color on the icing. I was also thinking of doing a forest of Christmas trees next year, because I am sure one won’t be enough for my family and friends! I am confident you had a Merry Christmas.

Wish you a Happy and blessed New Years!

What a lovely picture! I’m curious as to your recipe for a soft royal icing – I never knew one exhisted! Would you be willing to share?

8. Alessandra says

It looks great! Can you take off the cookies one by one from the top to eat them, or do they need to be firmly iced on?

Happy Holidays