Making a birthday cake

My daughter is turning 9 and I will be making a birthday cake with a bunny theme this year. Last year I made a small cake with a replica of her dwarf hamster Viola, but sadly we lost Viola two weeks ago and a little Lionhead bunny is now on her whish list. So I will make a little 3D replica, since she will get a little Lionhead bunny for her birthday this year.

I will give you an update later this week on how the project turns out. You can see some of the other birthday cakes that I have made for my daughter over the years below:

1. Annammitchley says

those cakes are breath taking id love to be able to make those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Pamper Parties says

I was going to make a cake similar to your one with the doll in the middle for my daughter’s birthday, but she wasn’t so keen on the idea of having her doll put in her cake. Keep up the good work.

3. Bee. says

I wish my mother was half the mom you are. Haha, neither of my parents were there for my birthdays, but they were there for both my siblings birthdays. My only request to my parents were to be there on the day, my mom never made cakes and stuff like that. It’s awesome just to see that you take the time to create for your daughter.

Your daughter is a very lucky girl; she’s had some fabulous birthday cakes over the years. Your hamster model is particularly impressive, very realistic.

I love your birthday cakes-they are all so adorable particularly the bunny one. I made my niece a birthday cake the other day and I only wish it turned out as lovely as yours!

WAh! Sad to hear about Viola… the Viola cake topper is adorable though… am absolutely sure this year’s birthday cake will be gorgeous, and well-loved by your daughter!

7. Jomany says

Incredible cute bunny – tutorial on the way for that one? Please?? :o)
    Love your work, so perfect and always in the loveliest softest colours, just as I like it :o)

Always looking forward to your posts – keep up the good work ;o)

8. lyzzie says

Hi Louise your cakes are so beatifuls and very cute, your are my inspirations for my cakes, tanks for the lessons

9. marielba says

Happy Birthday to your little girl, you make beautiful cakes, so sweet and show us how to make it, thanks

10. Corey says

Beautiful! And I LOVE the bunny? Did you make it out of gum paste or maybe 1 part fondant 1 part gum paste? I need to make a character cake in a couple weeks, & I’ve never made them before so I’m not sure what I should make them out of…what would be your suggestion?

11. carla says

Louise,your cakes are so beautiful,I really want to make “my little pony” for my daughter too ,!it’s so cute¡HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR DAUGHTER¡¡¡

12. Rachel says

Your talent is so amazing! I better not let my kids see these cakes, or they will realize just how bad the cakes I make are!!

13. Julie says

Louise, they’re just precious! I love the bunny especially. You’ve given me a great idea for an Easter cake next year. Your daughter will love her birthday cake.

Always love seeing your spectacular work!

14. shimmering says

Wow amazing cakes……I wish you all the best with your cake….I am sure it will turn out as awesome as ever…

15. Judy B. says

Louise, your cakes are perfect….you are a Master…hamster is adorable and life like. Wishing your daughter a Happy Birthday year!

16. Patricia says

Your bunny is such a cutie pie! I like the way it sparkles. I also liked your “my little pony”, do you have a tutorial on that?
    Happy Birthday to your little princes!!!

17. Marie says

I loved the cakes you have made for your little girl on her bday. Would love to make them myself for my litle one when he/she arrives into this world in December. But I have no idea how to. Do you have a tutorial for these 4 bday cakes. Happy birthday to your little angel. And I must say, she has a talented mother.

It’s lovely you are making these beautiful cakes for your daughter. I am sure she will never forget them! 🙂 I still remember the cakes my mum made me. Especially the train with all the lollies on the back.