Looking for a super easy, crockpot dessert recipe? Well you’ve come to the right place because today I’m showing you how to make a Peanut Butter Fudge Crockpot Cake. Yes that’s a mouth full, but your mouth will be full of peanut buttery goodness in no time. This is a perfect recipe if you want to whip up a dessert with minimal effort. It’s very convenient to make even if you have a busy schedule. This chocolate and peanut butter cake will have your mouth watering, and yes, you will definitely come back for seconds.
Who doesn’t love easy crockpot recipes? So why not jazz it up and make a crockpot dessert? The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is a classic one, but this recipe takes the dynamic duo to the next level. This peanut butter cake turned out super moist and delicious. There are a lot of components to the recipe: the peanut butter batter, the fudge batter layer, the chocolate syrup and peanut butter glaze. But each step is super easy to do! Peanut butter and chocolate lovers won’t be able to resist this fudgy and gooey cake. So let’s jump right into the recipe!
For the cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup homemade chocolate syrup
For the homemade chocolate syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the peanut butter glaze
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- Homemade chocolate syrup to drizzle on top
- Mini peanut butter cup candies, unwrapped and cut in half
- For the cake, combine the cake mix, butter, water, peanut butter, and eggs. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, mix until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, set aside about 1/3 of the batter (you will be adding chocolate syrup to this).
- For the chocolate syrup, whisk the sugar, water, cocoa powder, and vanilla in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Let the chocolate syrup cool for about 5 minutes then add it to the 1/3 of the batter. This is the fudge batter for your cake.
- Coat your crockpot with baking spray. Make sure you get the bottom and the sides are fully covered.
- Add about 2/3 of the peanut butter batter (saving some for the top of the cake). Then add your layer of fudge batter.
- Take the remaining peanut butter batter and swirl it with the fudge batter, creating a marble effect.
- Let the cake cook on a medium setting for about 2 hours.
- While your cake is cooking you can make the peanut butter glaze. For the glaze, combine the peanut butter, milk and confectioner’s sugar with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Once your cake is cooked, turn off the crockpot. Then add your peanut butter glaze on top.
- Add your toppings to the cake. Drizzle left over chocolate syrup and halved peanut butter cups.
I recommend storing the cake in the crockpot until finished. And that’s it! It turned out super yummy, moist and irresistible.